NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

2 Months Later,and Gil's Still Great

Parrotdise

It's been just over 2 months since Gilbert(whom we now call Gil)came to live with us. So so much has changed

Gil doesn't pluck anymore,and he's getting in lots of new beautiful feathers.

He isn't threatening to bite my hubby anymore

He steps up out of his cage for me

He's still a little nervous about new toys,but that is getting better everyday

And finally

He's no longer a seed junkie. He's not eating most fresh veggies yet,but he loves warm tender veggies,beans,rice. He likes eggs,and tortilla. And adores fruits. We now have a nice little routine where he comes and eats breakfast and lunch wtih me at the table. It's not safe for him or the kids(because he still does not like the children)for him to eat dinner with us.

He's talking and picking up new words,and letting us hear new phrases all the time. The one I love the most is him telling us"Good bye,see ya later"when he notices someone getting on their shoes. It's so so cute

Other then that we're still plugging away and every single day is getting better and better

Thanks Sarah for a wonderful update on Gil, he sounds like a real sweetheart and he has come a long way in a short period of time. Do not worry if he has a relapse and plucks some for it happens, the important thing is not to make a deal of it, ignore it but you may have turned him around hopefully that is a thing of the past.

Congrats on getting him on more veggies and if he likes them warm and tender then warm and tender will be what he gets.

That is great that he has stopped plucking I think that's a sure sign that gil is a very happy content parrot and it's all thanks to you and the wonderful new home you have given him. Good for you and thanks for the great update. Mabie when you get a chance you could show us a few pictures of him with his lovely new feathers. Keep up the good work and don't forget to keep us updated we do love to hear all the news.