NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My baby bird won't eat on his own!

helen

That is great that he likes the warm foods! I wouldn't worry too much about the seeds. Seeds are like junk food to them. The fruits and veggies are more important for him to eat because they are healthy! Have you tried giving him nuts? Pine nuts, pecans, walnuts, almonds, peanuts are my babys favorite! Especially pine nuts, he eats them soooo fast! You should make a pellet, seed, and nut mix for your baby. What kind of pellets have you tried giving to him? My baby likes the Zupreem fruity pellets. I mix those pellets with some seeds, and all the nuts I mentioned above. I also put dried fruit in that mix and he loves it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you maggie and jay you was so help ful friend and so nice and sweet .and thank you for all those people who support me and help me.and gave me strenght i was very stress full and very sad from all this proplem happen to me and for my baby cookie.

cookie is fine know ,he is trying to test the warm food i offer him,do i have to take all the food from his cage and put the food again every 3 4 hour,or keep all the dry pellet and seed in his cage? and offer him the warm food every 4 hour? what should i do about that can you give schedual for that, i hop you dont mind .

Hi Helen,;) Glad to hear Cookie is doing better!!!I feed Spock,9am, formula, 12:noon smash, 5pm, smash, then his bed time formula at 9pm...All birds are different! I put seed and pellets in his cage when he goes to bed then remove the seed at 9am, I put the cut Veggies in his cage at 12noon and remove them at bedtime.This is what we do,it might be different for Cookie!I don't leave smash in Spocks cage very long, long enough for him to eat it...:P Jay and Maggie

today he wont eat his formula so he prefered to take oat meal at 8:30 in the morning little bit by him self and i help him little bit too,and know he is calling me that he is hungry again its 11:37 :ohmy: :P :laugh:

:S Caitlin to the rescue.... Thanks! Helen? Do you have any photo's? Everyone would love to see Cookie!!!Jay and Maggie{Feel-good-000200A1}(A man wrote this post, that explains the mess up!!!{Feel-bad-00020063}<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2009/05/19 20:49

hi every body,cookies doing good he is trying to eat his pellet and seed little bit more then before, and today he is weight 365gram so he gain weight ,and i feed him by hand ,and he try to eat bye him self ,but he rejected his formula in the morning,he preffered to eat oat meal so he did,just one thing i see him today and yesterday he was shaking little bit i dont know why is this signe of illnes, so his wings shaking ,and home tempreture 72.

:P Glad Cookies putting on weight, don't worry to much about pellets and seed... For everyone here, Doe's he shake his wings all the time? Doe's he fluff his feathers? Doe's his feet feel cold? Sneezihg? :unsure: Maybe we could get some input on this one...:) Jay

yeh his feet cold,and he shaking his wing when i holding him ,and when im close to him in the cagetalking to him,but he dosnt do that befor until yesterday and today,and its happen after the earthquake coming he scared to death that day and he was holding my finger to hard and shivering until i calm him down little bite ,and he begin shaking the naxt day in the morning .

KEEP LETTING HIM FEEL YOUR LOVE, You can never spoil him to much....Maybe someone on the Forum could give some advice...You can call his vet if needed. He just might need you. :) Your doing so good with him, don't stress out...sounds like he likes to cuddle! All our babies do strange things, Spock comes over to us and growls softly when he wants to cuddle...Jay

B) Helen, have you done Blanket training with Cookie? get a soft baby diaper or fleece, something his nails won't get caught in, cut a piece big enough to go around him, size of hankerchef, put him on you lap or flat area,and let him play with it. Slowly try to put it on his back then over him then where you can pick him up wraped in it!!!Play with him... Jay{Feel-good-000200A2}