NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Custom Made Stainless Steel Cages

lovethatgrey

I am SUPER SUPER excited!! I have decided to purchase my feathered babies their own stainless steel cages. They are sleeping right now, so can't do much tonight. Tomorrow I will take out the measuring tape and figure out what specific dimensions I want them to have and just let my imagination go wild. If all goes as planned.. they will have their cages by end of July, August.{Feel-good-00020114}

This is where I will order my cage.

http://www.freedomcage.com/index.html

Holy smokes your not spoiling those babies of yours just a little those cages are beautiful and at 2500. 00 they should be. how big do you think your going to be and are you going for a playtop or a dome top or both. I've always been partial to playtop cages myself but I got Adaya a dome top and I must say its really nice with all that extra space inside Adaya loves her cage and I can get so many more toys and perches in her cage than I can in the playtop ones but a dometop with a playtop that opens up I think would be really nice or mabie a dome top with a play area tha drops down in the front of the dome.

I am so excited about purchasing the custom made stainless steel cages for my girlies. Yes it will be costly... but it is a one time purchase that will last a life time and I will creating exactly what I want.

That pertains to everything! Bar spacing, the door, depth, height, width, playtop, no playtop, etc. I am super excited about offering them them the Freedom Buffet also.

http://www.freedomcage.com/original/freedom_buffet.htm

My intentions are to have both cages be deep and wide. Height is not so important because they don't really have an interest in spending too much time at the bottom of the cage. I don't really care for a playtop are on top of the cage. My parrots each have an Atom as well a bottle brush hanging gym. The Atoms are available at this site.

http://motherpluckinbirdtoys.com/

For those who wish to purchase an idispensable and AWESOME hanging gym, you can purchase it here.

http://www.waynesparrotstuff.com/

I believe that I have a very clear understanding of what is pertinent in order to build my cages, as well as a strong grasp on the the specific behaviours of each of my parrots.{Feel-good-00020114}

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/18 15:23

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/18 15:25<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/18 15:49

I measured Emma's from one end across to the other. It is 24 inches. It is the Large sized one. The Medium would be ok too if you wish to buy a smaller one. I know this because Sachi has a Medium and Emma hangs out on it everyday. {Feel-good-00020114} This is a hanging gym which will provide your parrots will Lots of exercise and great coordination. As you can see, the perches cross horizontally, vertically and diagonally too. The bars inside are of stainless steel and the cotton is wound very very tightly on it. The construction and quality is impeccable. I love watching my parrots on their Atoms.

ee6.jpg

IMG_0896.jpg

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/19 02:06

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/19 02:06

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/19 02:19<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/20 17:24

You've sold me I'm going to by one or two for my birds One for the kitchen and 1 for my bedroom those are the 2 rooms we spend most of or time. I'm sure my birds will just love. it I have so many things hanging from the ceiling for them to play on I'll have to reall think about where I'm going to put it I'm running out of ceiling room :laugh:

If you do purchase the Atoms, your greys will be pretty happy. In our home, one is hung in the living room and one is hung in the guest room. The great thing is... that they can hang out on either one and when I am doing major cleaning of their cages in the living room and need them OUT of there, then they have another room to hang out in. I have placed it in an area so that they can watch me while sitting on their beloved Atom. The Atom can be hung anywhere and it gives them a chance to hangout independently in a different area of the home without getting in trouble! I also purchased our Boings there too. Do not forget to purchase Ceiling protectors to go with your atoms. We have 3 - blue, green, and red.{Feel-good-00020114}

IMG_1058.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/20 03:53

By now, some of you have read that I have decided to purchase custom made stainless steel cages for both of my parrots. Both of my parrots are still babies, so when I think about how long they will live it makes ALOT of sense to purchase the best cage possible and keep it for their entire lives.{Feel-good-00020114}

The company that will build their cage is located in New Jersey and specializes in this niche service/product, all materials are american made and they ship internationally.

In the last few days I have been doing some serious thinking about how high, deep and wide I want my 2 cages and then there are details such as , bar spacing, bar thickness, types of doors, i.e french doors, no french doors, sliding grate, collapsible cage, one piece cage, pullout grate, pullout tray, sliding tray, one sliding tray or 2, playtop, dome top, what type of stainless steel finish that I want..... etc etc etc..

As a client, you can let your imagination run wild and they will let you know if your creation makes any structural or logical sense. After two days of thinking and pulling out the measuring tape to figure things out, I finally came up with something to submit. Now I just wait for a quote and hope that it doesn't put me on the streets. :blink:

Here are some pictures that he sent to me to show some examples of what they have done because that is what the client asked for.

DSC00193.jpgDSC00184.jpgDSC00172.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

Well.. I've decided that stainless steel is the way to go. If I don't buy it now... I'll certainly buy it later. So I might as well bite the bullet now and move on to other things. :blush:

In the meantime, here is a great site done by this owner of Macaws in California, you can tell that he sure loves his parrots.

He has the kind of cages that I will be purchasing.

http://www.mymacaws.com/bedrooms.htm