NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Egg

dhorje

Giving small amounts of eggs everyday is alright as long as it doesn't affect the consistancy of droppings. Eggs have calcium. You can even crack egg shells in very tiny pieces and feed it if your bird likes it. It also has calcium. Any shells should be thoroughly rinsed.

I fed scrambled egg once to my flock. I don't think they thought it was anything great but I've seen other parrots devour scrambled egg like it was the best thing on earth. Apparently cooked egg is safe to give our parrots so I will attempt again some day.

I already made my 3 servings for 8 weeks worth of birdiemash tonight. I will make make a mental note to add a boiled egg next time with the shell!{Feel-good-00020114}

If I am having eggs I make enough for the flock, too. Plain eggs are just okay :S to them the way I fix it for me but if I make a batch just for the flock I put the shells in, pellets and some seeds, too. Sometimes I put veggies like bell peppers in it too. When it is "birdie" style eggs they really devour it. :)