NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Scale for my Grey

Bronxboomer

Boomer.. Don't spent that amount of money on a scale like that.. Search ebay for a gram scale.. They are dirt cheap.. The purch on top you can put on any scale and zero it... Don't get sucked into the 55.oo price.. Scales can be had for 1/3 the price.. Think about it..

I agree, search around to do a sanity check. There is something to be said for paying a little extra for certain things, provided you are assured to get a new product from a repuptable dealer with a good warranty. I am not sure a scale like this is worth spending extra on though. Bottom line, these scales can be had for pretty cheap these days! :laugh: and it is definitely good to have one. I got one for around $20.00 a few years ago. It has no snazzy "weighing" perch but Kip is perfectly happy stepping up on a glass or bowl or whatever we place on the scale. ;)

Yes.. and that is what ceasar does too.. The perch is just so they can take a 5 dollar wholesale scale and turn it into a 60.oo novelty item. Don't be fooled myfriend. You belong to this forum because you are smarter then the ones that fall for that marketing..

• 4 weeks later...

Hey PPL i went out today looking all around for a scale they cost way to much Price range was $75 to $119. to much for a scale. I found this website which there pretty cheap now my question is what size do i need i see they have different weights Capacity up to 5 lb (2200g) Or 5000g x 1g (11 lb / 175 oz x 0.1oz Here is the website

http://www.toplinedigitalscales.com/catalog.php?action=110&cat_id=15

Guest briansmum

i had to get one with a perch, Brian just would not stand still long enough on the cheap one i bought. so i spend a stupid amount of money on it, i really regret it now as thinking about it i'm sure i could have knocked something together. i just panicked as it had been so long since i was able to weight him, so i went for the fastest option. although at the end of the day i suppose you can't put a price on knowing your baby is happy and healthy

Beccy - You said it, the health and well being of your Grey.

If I was in a state of anxiety, I would do the same as boomer :woohoo:

In fact, I bought a scale even though Dayo is not home yet.

Yes, I paid too much probably $69 with perch, bowl and shipping included. It's a 1 gram, 1000g scale and worked perfect when I had Dayo home Saturday, he stood on the perch like a good boy :-)