NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Being nasty

pippi

Hi,

I have a grey coming up 2 years old, I have had her from 12 weeks, harness trained, well handled, then all of a sudden she has turned nasty, biting at me won't let me put the harness on, reading books she has learnt the power of the bite, could anyone advise me on what book to get to try and rectify or has anyone any advise please.

Cheers

Mags

You're being told that the time has come when she wants to do things when she's ready. It can happen anywhere from 1 to 3 yrs of age. It's not something that's permanent if the bird was acting otherwise before the slight aggression bagan. It's like the difference between a 10 yr old child and a 12 yr old child. Neither has reached teenage years yet but there is a difference and when that happens a different approach needs to be put into play.

The usual way to handle these things is to let your bird tell you when she's interested in doing certain things, not when you want them done. Some people refer to this time in a young parrot's life as the *terrible twos* but it is temporary.

Hi lovethatgrey, I 'would like to buy the book you suggested,and the one on Amazons too.Can you tell me

where you bought it? and the price? The only address I

could find,was his P.O.Box,but it said U.K. residents

only.I live in Canada.Thanks alot :) K.C.

Here you go. You can purchase it from Amazon Canada!{Feel-good-00020114}

http://www.amazon.ca/Breaking-Bad-Habits-Parrots-Responsible/dp/1554072972/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1242178112&sr=8-1

and Indigo Chapters.

http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/The-Birdkeepers-Guides-Amazon-Parrots-Greg-Glendell/9780793806539-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+%2527birdkeepers+guide+to+amazons%2527

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/13 03:29<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/13 03:32