NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

And on that farm he had an Emma!

lovethatgrey

{Love-0002011E}Everday I sing a song or two to Emma and Sachi when spending alone time with the each of them. Emma really enjoys these moments at my office desk while she just sits very still on my forearm and listens quietly. She knows her children's songs very well because she listens to them everyday while hanging on her Atom and chatters loudly to herself. {Feel-good-00020114}

This favourite pastime keeps her occupied for a good 30 minutes while I do other things around the house.

Tonight during our alone time I decided to insert her name into the song .ie

Old Macdonald had a farm

Ee i ee i o

and on that farm he had an Emma

ee i ee i o

With an Emma, Emma here

and an Emma, Emma there

Here an Emma, there an Emma

Everywhere an Emma

ee i ee i o!

and so forth..........

The experience was so amazing. When she heard her name included in the song she just perked up and looked at me as if to say Wow!! Wow!! Wow!! that's amazing! My name is in one of my favourite songs.

It was incredible to witness Emma recognize hearing her name in the song and noticing that the lyrics were not the same as usual. What a smart cookie!

{Love-000200C2}<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/05/12 03:48

I sing those songs to my birds as well Tyco can sing it perfectly with her name in it. and fergie learned her animal sounds with that song if I ask her what a duck says she say quack quack a chicken goes cluck cluck and a pig goes oink oink its so funny to listen to her. Tyco likes to sing old mcdonald when she thinks noone can hear her I laugh when she sings it sooooo cute