NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Show Me Yours... And I'll Show You Mine

Oooh, just found this thread - and yes, the title did catch my attention! There are some lovely tattoos, I specially like the one of Secretariat - he won the triple crown the year I was born.

My first tat was a little horse on my lower right back, that was about ten years ago, and just had the flowers put on my foot this year.

CIMG3881.jpg

CIMG3882.jpg

David and I would like to get one more tat - a symbol that means instinct, but so far we haven't been able find any, and it has been suggested to us that instinct is a fairly modern word, and so may not have any old symbols for it! Can anyone help with that?

x

Post edited by: pearllyn, at: 2009/10/13 15:39<br><br>Post edited by: pearllyn, at: 2009/10/13 21:16

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

:) Pearllyn, I don't know if this will help....

http://paganismwicca.suite101.com/article.cfm/bear_powerful_pagan_symbol

Native American Bear Symbolism

Bear symbolizes introspection and intuition blended with instinct.

The Lakota Sioux call Bear “Tob Tob.” To this tribe, Bear is a symbol of wisdom. This animal reveals the interrelationship between the person within the environment of creation, personal truth within the clan and the universe. Bear helps people recognize personal truth and when to stand up for rights and when to walk away.

According to Chippewa tradition, the grizzly, Mudjekeewis, is the Spirit Keeper of the West. This totem symbolizes introspection and strength and imparts inner knowledge that makes it possible for people to seek alternative paths to their goals.

Celtic Symbolism of Bear

Like Wild Boar, Bear is both female and male; however Bear’s powers are the same for both genders. The Celtic people had two goddesses who shapeshifted into a bear, Andarta and Artio, names derived from “Art,” the Celtic word for bear. The male counterpart of Bear is associated with King Arthur.

Art symbolizes the blending of intuition with instinct, which is in accordance with Native Americans' belief. S/he represents primal power and autonomy. Art defends people with fierceness from all dangers. S/he imparts the ability to use intuition to find truth. Strength or primal power and intuition merge into one uniting star and animal powers under the auspices of this power animal.

Read more at Suite101: Bear, a Powerful Pagan Symbol: Bear: Symbolic of Introspection, Primal Power, Awakening Unconscious http://paganismwicca.suite101.com/article.cfm/bear_powerful_pagan_symbol#ixzz0khptoW7y

Jayd<br><br>Post edited by: Jayd, at: 2010/04/10 16:10

Thank you Jayd - I shall check it out. I'm aware that the bear is the sort of symbol i'm after, but finding one that would make a nice tat is difficult - this link is one I haven't seen yet so may just lead me somewhere....

Thanks very much! :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well here is my tattoo & my wifes, story behind it ? well our only son lost his fight with cancer on 31/1/08, we were grandparents in march 07, he was diagnosed in may 07 and passed away in jan 08, there memorial tattoos, my wifes is a portrait & its outstanding!!, mine was designed by a friend in scotland, emailed & i printed it off & took it to our tattooists,

tattoo.jpg

SL270833.jpg

Edited by venom