NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

finaly brought murphy home

jasperk

he is 5 months old . i had a ? i just noticed when i go near him he gets really exited and when i go to pet him hes like..tryig to get my hand to feed him like he would do with his mom in the wild is this normal?

Awwww Murphy is sooo adorable! I really want a TAG now. :cheer:

Yes that is normal that he tries to feed with your hand, he is still a baby. Your fingers give him a trigger so he can "pump." They will do it even if they aren't hungry. Ecko does this all the time. Good luck with your little baby!

WELCOME HOME Murphy!

Thanks for sharing the photos. Cute guy!

My Timneh Nelson would beg for food from my hands on occasion even as an adult bird. I viewed it as a great sign of our tight bond. Just wait until your little guy coughs up some slimey dinner for you. He's too young but now but if you are lucky, when he's older he'll "slime" you.

Enjoy your new buddy. These are amazing birds and your home will never be the same. In the last 20 years I've been without a grey for 3 months. My home was so empty and quiet for those 3 months. I look forward to coming home every day after work to see my bird Sam. You will find yourself doing the same I'm sure.

Tom

They are so nice when they are young like that. I have a baby right now also and I'm just loveing all the cuddles they are just so sweet I never want to leave her. In fact i very seldom do except when I have to go to work. if I have to go somewhere other than work I take her with me on her harness she loves going for car rides and walks around the neighbourhood I just love having her around. my other Grey isn't harrness train so I bought an adventure pack eventuly I will take them both with me everywhere but for right now I'm just trying to get my older bird used to the Adventure pack once thats done it will be outings for them both all the time.

• 2 weeks later...