NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm new here!

Hey guys! I found this place in the midst of my CAG research and everyone here seems so nice and well-informed that I knew I had to join asap!

I've been seriously considering getting a CAG for a number of years now. I owned a number of parakeets and cockatiels (as well as a wide variety of other animals) throughout my childhood, but I always knew that I wanted a larger parrot when I got older. I've always been fascinated by animals of high intelligence, so much in fact, that I am pursuing a career as a marine mammal researcher & trainer. Right now I am currently living at home and raising/socializing a guide dog puppy in my spare time, but I plan to be moving into my own place within the next year or so and when I do, I would love nothing more than to make my home complete with the companionship of one of these beautiful birds.

I realize it's a while away, but like many things, I like to give myself enough time to do research and build as much knowledge as possible before making such a large commitment. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from your experience as Grey handlers!

Hi & Welcome Heidi, glad you joined us so early and glad that you are prepared to start doing research at such a early stage. There is so much to learn about these wonderful creatures. But you should get all the info you need on this forum and if you can't find what you are looking for please ask. We are a big family here and we all are willing to help you. Enjoy the stay here and keep us up to date when you get your baby CAG and we love photo's on this forum so please feel free to post some pic's.

Welcome Heidi, you've joined a great family here. Everyone is so nice and well informed. You'll learn alot here and make some great friends. I applaud you in taking so much time to research before hand. Best of Luck to you, andkKeep us informed. {Feel-good-000200A2}

Heidi, welcome B) I'm so happy you decided to join us!

Please let us know every stage you're going through while obtaining your grey - Those things interest me so much :blush:

It's very good you signed up here tho, because pre-research before getting your bird seems (and I found out IS ) one of the most important things to not only start off on the right foot, but also know what to expect in realistic terms ;)

Guest Monique

Welcome Heidi. What fun and interesting things you are pursuing in your career and in your spare time!!! Joining to research ahead of time is great. You can also start researching breeders and determining what is important to you in your breeder and prospective FID. I look forward to hearing your questions, stories, and progress as you continue in your research and eventual "adoption"!! :)