NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Talking ability and another parrot companion

SarahDavid

Getting another CAG for Noah as a companion will that stop him from learning to talk he just turned 1 year?

I heard once they have a mate they do not care for talking really. is that true og just a myth as many other myths ?

I don't think thats true Tyco hasn't stopped talking just because she now has Adaya for a friend. if anything she talks more becaus she tells Adaya what she shouldn't do. Besides there is no garantee that the 2 birds are going to even like each other just because your getting another Greys doesn't mean automaticly that they will bond to each other.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/05/06 03:52

Totally false, it's a myth. In fact they teach each other to talk and our 2 even have conversations with each other. Rangi will ask kea what is for dinner and kea will reply with her favourite meal that day somehting like, pizza, spag bol, sausage.

Rangi asks Kea what does a cat say and Kea goes meow and Rangi replies good girl. They have many more conversations as well.

It's very comical to watch.<br><br>Post edited by: Jane08, at: 2009/05/06 09:00

Its a complete myth.

My three greys all talk, I got them all at different ages and there has been no problems with vocab.

On a morning my eldest will shout the other two by name to wake them up, he is so funny.

Like Jane said, they will also have conversations with each other as well, you will have lots of fun:laugh: