NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Ziva is making me nuts! (long)

ZivaDiva

Yes, things got better and then got worse again, but for a good reason. I adopted a green cheek conure and it upset all the birds and there was a lot of screaming and calling out to the other rooms.

I pretty much fixed it by putting all the other birds in the living room and keeping Z in my bedroom. I spend a lot of time in my room so he gets the most attention. The other birds chat amongst themselves and are quite happy. Z just wants to be out and hanging with me. His vocabulary has increased and we how have our way of doing things and he seems quite happy. I continue to ignore bad behavior and will walk out of the room. He does scream once in a while but then says, "Whisper!" which he leared from the conure. So now he shushes himself and usually gets quiet.

I'm glad it is working out. To hear that Ziva's vocabulary has increased and that you both are developing mutually acceptable ways of handling things is also very encouraging. The intelligence of Greys and the common sense that brings to interacting continues to amaze me.

Thanks for your contributions by sharing with all of us on this site. It's encouraging to those of us who know something about relating to other parrot kinds, but little about association with Greys.