NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Raising Spock (by Maggie-Jay's other half)

Jayd

Hi, this is Spock! I had a great day yesterday. I flew around the living room and into the kitchen where I discovered the window ledge and the cereal boxes on top to the freezer. I also discovered that the cereal boxes are fun to tip over, kind of like dominoes.

My slaves didn't have as much fun with the boxes as I did so they came and put me on my playpen. That was fun too because they put all kinds of toys there for me. My slave stacks up a tower of blocks and I have fun knocking them down. (Anything to keep them happy and entertained...if they want to keep stacking, I'll be happy to help{Feel-good-00020069}.

My favorite toy is the min-pin Rollo. I like to preen his ears and tail and I even share my mash and formula with him when I am done. This morning, I started a new game with him. I leaned over and pooped on him and then looked at him to see his reaction.:evil: I was disappointed to see that he did not move and kept on napping. Oh well, I guess playing tired him out...Got to fly...

Oh Spock you are so bad, you will have to poop on Rollo again tomorrow and see if he wakes up then, he is being a party pooper.

Another tip, instead of tipping over the cereal boxes try chewing thru them for the yummies inside, that will really freak Maggie and Jay out. :whistle: B) :laugh:

Good idea...didn't think about that! I started eating my morning formula again; I've really got Jay and Maggie freaked out...I like to keep them on their toes and NEVER forget who's boss around here...:laugh:

Live long and prosper...Spock

It sounds like your doing a great job making sure everyone knows whos in charge keep up the good work and you'll have them following you around like puppys and worrying constantly that you are ok Its your job to keep them guessing.

Pictureb00a27.jpg

Shortly after we brought Spock home, we had given him a stuffed animal in his cage with him and had a towel rolled up in the corner for him to cuddle up to. We changed the towels daily but when we put in a purple towel, Spock was immediately drawn to it...so much so that when Jay took it and the toy out to clean up the cage, Spock growled at him and flapped his wings, letting him know of his displeasure:angry:

When I got off work that day, Jay and I headed over to Walmart to see if we could find a matching towel so we could take that one out to be cleaned. After 30 minutes of "discussions" debating the right shade of purple, we took our new towel home. Imagine my embarrassment:blush: when I realized Jay had been right and I had the wrong shade of purple....

Spock accepted it though, long enough for me to wash and dry his favorite towel...

A few days later, we heard a horrific growling and noise coming from the cage. We ran over in time to see Spock wrestling with his stuffed animal and then he flung it over his shoulder across the cage! :lol: Needless to say, that was the end of his friend...

The next week, he had the wrestling match again, this time with his purple towel...the purple towel lost... and that was the last time he had a towel left for him to cuddle with....

Aaaahhhh, always an adventure...;)

Awww what a precious picture of Spock. He sounds like such a character! My Ecko does the same thing but towards a ball with a bell in it, when he hears the bell he runs after the ball and lifts his wings and growls at it :lol: It is too funny! It sounds like you guys are having so much fun with your baby. :)

Thank you so much! We enjoy him so much. We have set a playpen and assorted perches for him throughout the living room and he uses his cage mainly as a sleeping cage. Spock does love those bright colors and he loves his ball too although he still goes for curtain tassels, curtain rods, other bird cages, etc.:laugh: Is your Echo quiet otherwise? Spock really is a quiet bird, especially compared with all our other ones.:) When he wants to eat, he baby-coos but otherwise, besides growling at a toy occasionally, he is very quiet.

That is what I call baby-cooing by Spock. He makes those sounds when he hears us get up and when he gets ready for his formula at night.

Picture1032.jpg

This is Rollo, Spock's buddy...Rollo likes to clean up after the birds by eating their seeds, formula, veggies or anything else that they drop for him. That night, he came over to us not even realizing he had a feather in his mouth.:laugh:

(I hope this does not offend anyone, it was shown in the spirit I hope it will be received.)

Just to ease everyone's mind, (:cheer: ) they are always supervised but Rollo and Spock get along great. Spock loves to preen Rollo and Rollo lets him. When we grabbed the camera (because we could not believe that sight:laugh: ) Spock was just out of camera sight, checking out Rollo...

It sounds like your really enjoying that youngster of yours. I have a baby also her name is Adaya and she is almost 13 weeks old Catlains Echo and Adaya are only 5 days apart in age. They are so Awesome when they are baby's I wish they would stay like that just a little longer they grow up way to fast. I've had Adaya since she was 5 weeks old. and I just love her sososo much. I also have a few other birds including a 6yr old Grey named Tyco. I will be looking forward to reading more about Spock as he grows up and of course any pictures that you would like to share with us would be absoluty wonderful also.

Picture020.jpg

Greetings!

We were told that Spock was hatched on Feb. 1st so he is about the same age as Echo and Adaya. :) Spock had us trained within the first week we had him. When he was hungry, he would "clean house" and we would run to his cage. Jay would hold him, cuddle and feed him and I would clean out his cage and replace the shredded papers, etc. The next time he wanted to get out, he would "clean house". Needless to say, dummy me :blush: took a week to realize that he had us trained to jump and run when he wanted out. (Who's the brains around here anyway?) :laugh:

Hi, Spock here:

I've discovered a new game that I like to play with my slaves. Meal times can be sooooooo boring...Scoop up, scarf down...this morning I decided to spice things up a little. My slave was in the kitchen getting breakfast for me and I decided to fly out to see what he was doing and see if I could help. I checked out the spice rack to see if anything caught my eye while he got my formula ready. I looked at the fruit too but it seems to be too much trouble to get into them so I flew over to the chair so I can supervise.

When he walked back to the living room, I flew over and landed on his head so I could get a free ride. I tried to hurry him along by helping him stir but he did not appreciate my help so I flew over to see what Rollo was doing.

When he finally got done and ready to feed me (it was about time) I flew back over and landed on his arm (my favorite position)and let him feed me a few bites. I flew over to my playpen and picked up a toy and my human followed me and fed me at my playpen. I ate a few more bites and then I flew over to see if my friend Rollo was awake from his nap. My slave had followed me and was feeding me while I sat on the ledge. I thought it was funny that my slave had to keep warming the formula before chasing me around to feed me each time. I looked over and saw a toy by my cage and I flew over to check it out while my slave followed me again to feed me while I played there. Boy, that was fun! They are my slaves but I love them anyway....:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

B) Hi, Spock here! While I was sitting on you-know-who's shoulder, I was watching her surf the web. She came across this "greyt" site, www.parrotwrapz.com

I know where I will be going if I can sneak away with the credit card...:evil: Spock needs new duds!!!!!

I'm not much for clothing my companions. Lily likes a sweater in the winter time, she is so close to the ground she does get cold and loves sweaters. She runs over to get a sweater on or cape, in the winter. I can't image Ana Grey letting me put anything on her. She barely tolerates a harness and not very well. They are very cute though so I would love to see Spock dressed up!!!!