NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Sexing?

Supernova

I still dont know if Ben is male or female.

I know I said Ben was a girl but after reading some threads I am not so sure.

The main reason I ask is because I have read that a female will bond with a man and a male will bond with a lady.

Could it help the experts out there with a close up pic of Bens eye, head shape and and colouration.

I know the female is smaller but that is of no help with only one bird.

Bernie.

That is just not true I have 2 female and both are very bonded to me and Judy has a female and she is Bonded to Judy not her husband. I think the bird will make up its own mind who they like and who they don't. Why don't youet your bird dna tested then you'll know for sure. I will put in a link that you can visualy sex your grey but s/he has to have gone through its first big molt for it to work

http://exoticpetvet.net/avian/appgreys.html

I don't know if you can ever really know without having the DNA sexing test done. We were not going to do the test with Chimay, but our vet explained that aside from the benefit of just "knowing," we will be able to better identify gender-specific health and behavior issues (i.e. aggression, egg binding). My suggestion is not to guess and have the test done to know for sure if you can.

If you want to know what sex grey you have you will have to do the dna test, you can not accurately guess from outward signs even though some say the shape of the head indicates sex.

That notion that females bond with males and males bond with females is bullcrap, my Josey is dna'd a female and she is bonded to me, its all in how they are raised and maybe their own predispositions.

I thought DNA was National Dyslexia Association

OK so dna it must be, I must admit the looks and bonding as Judy so carefully put it bullcrap! 20.gif did allways seem so.

Thanks for the link TM and the advice.

Sometimes I think it maters not to me realy, but I would like to think I got his [or her] name right.

Cheers,

Bernie.

ps I am dyslexic.

judygram wrote:

Yeah it sure would be great to know if Ben is male or female but it doesn not matter as far as bonding goes.

I like your interpretation of DNA and I get it but sorry you have it.

Hay!! no probs with NAD oops sorry AND OH I give up.

The world is not right I see the world different to everybody else. :laugh:

Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway<br><br>Post edited by: Supernova, at: 2009/05/01 21:30