NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

new here

hi all its my first time here just poping in to say hello, we have a georgeous 26 week old cag african grey names millie we have had her nearly a month now and she is great fun and already started talking she says hello and wolf whistles and makes alsorts of chirps and noises and her favourite place to be is sat on top of my laptop screen, hope to add some pitures of her later today, she enjoys eating dried pasta and a little apple , in her age is a dish of seeds pellets dried fruit and veg et but she doesnt seem interested in muh in the way of fresh fruit etc is this normal for a grey of her age she is partiularly fond of quavers now and then and will take the packet out of my hand if i allow her these are just a treat and feed to her very rare, any help or tips will be much gratefully reieved we have all the books et but i think advice from someone with a grey is always helpful, angie and millie x

Hi Angie and Millie,

Welcome to the forum.

It all depends what diet your baby was used to before you got her. Keep trying with different fruits and veggies until you find what her favourites are. If you go into the birdfood room here it will give you plenty of ideas and recipes to give your baby.

Just watch out for the laptop lol, Im typing at the moment with half of my keys missing!:laugh:

Cant wait to see some pictures and hope you enjoy it here:)<br><br>Post edited by: casper, at: 2009/04/30 15:03

Welcome Angie and Millie!!

It's GreYt having you here. It sounds like your new grey is flourishing in your home and bringing much joy with her. :-)

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing those photos when you get a chance.

Hello Angie and welcome to the family, so glad you found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Millie.

Is this your first grey, your first parrot? Pretty much everyone here has a grey, a few are waiting for their's to wean but we have many knowledgeable members who go out of their way to help another grey owner in need.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Do you have any pictures of Millie, if so please share some with us as we love pictures here.