NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello!

Hi,

My name is Tarah and I recently just purchased my first african gray, Harley. He is 8 years old and I got him from some guy who didn't have time for him. He didn't give me a whole lot of info on him other than he likes grapes and bananas. We live in Arizona and are dreading the summer that is quickly approaching! :)

I am so glad I found this place. I have been so worried about what/ when i should try to interact with Harley. Thanks to the greats posts, I think I have made some progess!!

Hello Tarah and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Harley.

From reading your other posts I think you are making some progress with Harley but it will be a long road to travel but the destination will be more than worth it.

You have taken on a difficult task but with lots of time and patience you can accomplish a lot with Harley, just don't try to rush it, take it in small steps, you won't regret it.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of Harley you would share with us we would really appreciate it.

Welcome Tarah and Harley!!

It's GreYt having you here.

It is always wonderful to hear of someone taking on a fully mature Grey and giving them a good home to thrive in. :-)

Just take it slow with him and watch his body language for clues as to ho comfortable he is with you up close, offering a treat from your hand such as an Almond, shelled peanut, grape etc.

How does he act if you open the cage door, does he lift his talon?

Looking forward to hearing more from you. :-)