NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Earthquake

Mollysmum

We have just had an earthquake in the north of england and i'm at work and can't get out to see Mali.

I have asked my hubbie to go and check on him if he can

and he said he would but i'm still worried

Will he be ok?

from a very worried mummy

He may be very frightened and probably flapped around. It is a good idea to have your hubby check to make sure he is ok and no blood feathers have been broken and bleeding.

He will be "Ok", but perhaps a little distant for a day or two depending on how he reacted to it.

Please update us on how this all sorts out. :-)<br><br>Post edited by: danmcq, at: 2009/04/28 14:52

He will be fine if he is in his cage, although he will probably be a bit spooked and would have had a bit of a fright. If it's a low magnitude quake then he would have felt shaking and there is probably structural damage to houses, but no houses would have fallen down.

One thing that could be a worry is if the gas lines have been affected and are leaking, so make sure your hubby checks for this to make sure he can't smell gas.

I really hope everything is ok.

I would definetly get someone to check.

I wont alarm you but they can be pretty spooked, as Dan says you need to check for blood feathers etc as they can thrash about in their cages.

Whereabouts are you?

Please post and let us know everything is okay:)

i have now been home for a while and he is out and sat on the back of our couch and he has just tucked in to his tea and he has been chatting away to himself.

its the first one i have felt in our area of the country

Thanks for you replies

I am glad everything is fine. It did not reach us in Liverpool,thank God.The one we had last year was enough.That one spooked my two but they settled after a while.We are just not prepared for earthquakes in the uk.It would be crazy if we had a serious one.