NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

VERY ABUSED GREY--SO SAD

Dave007

Hi all, my name is Pepper and I am an extremely abused African Grey Parrot. I am looking for a new home where I can live my life the way I was meant to. In an attempt to convey to you the level of abuse, let me give you some examples:

My day does not start off well. I wake up with the sun around 6:00am. I then start whistling for dad. Often, dad ignores me and does not come right away. Sometime it is not until 7:30am before dad comes to get me out of my cage.

Every other day or so, I get a shower. Dad gets me all wet and then I am patted by an evil towel. I am not sure what type of torture this is supposed to be, but he pats me all over and then he lets me sit and drip.

When dad is shaving, he does not let me play with the shaving cream.

What is with that? He's such an SOB!!!!

After playing with me for a measly hour, dad makes my breakfast. I like to take things out of my bowl and throw them while dad is preparing things, but he doesn't let me do that anymore. Now he makes me WATCH while is getting things ready. I feel like I am going to have a breakdown at these times. I hate his cruelty.

BREAKFAST SUCKS!!! Dad puts all this crap in my bowl. Pellets, Dried fruit, nuts, seeds, and other things. I think he is trying to starve me to death. All I need are peanuts. And French fries. Just fill my bowl with peanuts and French fries and I'll be fine. I've tried to tell him this but he won't listen. He just doesn't care how I feel.

When dad leaves for work he puts me in my huge cage. or should I say the torture chamber. There are things hanging all over the place. Bells, ropes, plastic things, wood things, all sorts of things. I tried attacking these things and ripping them to shreds, but new ones keep showing up. It'a a never ending uphill battle.

Once a week, dad takes me to work. This is not fun. He puts me in a plastic box and then puts me in the car. I can't see where I am going!! I dig and dig and finally he lets me out so I can see, but it takes him FOREVER!! Just think about it--1/2 hr IS FOREVER!!

At work, there are a whole bunch of evil people. They all try to touch

Me, and play with me. I just bite them all. Except for one guy. I like him.

Dinner time is teasing time. Dad eats his dinner and does not give it all to me. Sometimes, he gives me a piece of his dinner, but I just throw it on the floor to point out my displeasure. There are times I prefer take out, plain and simple but he just shrugs.

Finally, I can't even start to tell you about all the things that I can't do. I can't chew on the paper towels that dad used to clean up my poop. I

can't chew on dad's mail. I can't chew on dad's notebook computer. I can't chew on the remote control. I can't chew on the telephone cable. Anyway, you get the point. I'm a parrot and simply wanna try the unknown. You think he cares??

So, please, please, If you know of a home that can satisfy my needs, let me know immediately.:( :( :(

Thank you all, for your help and understanding.

Bless you

Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/04/27 00:55<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/04/27 01:06

Brilliant! I love it.

I tried to put Schrodinger in her feather tether and you would have thought I was trying to kill her, she screamed, I bled...

I eventually was able to wrap her head in a sheet to subdue her and get her in the harness. We went for a walk and she calmed down be when she started asking to go back I headed back home.

I'm hoping to be able to get her used to it so that we can go out more/for longer periods as it's getting warmer out.

Great story Dave, I mean Pepper!

I'd offer Pepper sanctuary in my home but any bird that comes here gets tortured in similar ways. For gosh sakes, Sam is being torured right now with TWO bowls of fresh food cause I couldn't fit all the stuff in one bowl. I even banished Sam to the front porch all morning where there was sunshine and a cool spring breeze. Unspeakable things.... Horrible unspeakable things. :evil:

Tom

Yeah yeah Tom

You seem like the type of person that would take advantage of an innocent creature. Just remember something buddy, I've seen people like you before. You can run but you can't hide, especially in a bowl. Sooner or later, your actions will catch up to you and it'll be your time to repent and ask for mercy. Just keep looking over your shoulder cause you'll never see it bite you.<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/04/27 04:32

I'm sorry Dave, I just can't help myself.

My only chance is coming here to gather with other sick twisted bird owners.

Uh,ohhh... I'm feeling that irresistable urge to scratch Sam's neck. Poor poor Sam. PLEASE! Some one stop me before I scratch again!!! :ohmy:

Tom

LOL, what a hilarious Topic!!!

Thanks for posting it and the morning laughs Dave!! :-)

I just can't believe all these people responding thought you were joking about that being Parrot abuse. Their responses truly made me belly laugh..... ;-)

:blush: :side: :whistle: :lol: :silly: :unsure: :ohmy: :laugh: ;):):P :pinch: :S :dry:

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

Why are you being so abusive to ME??????????

:P;) :ohmy: :sick: :S :dry: :woohoo: :laugh: :angry: :P :whistle: :silly: :( :cheer: :kiss: ;) :woohoo: :blush:

HAPPY NOW!!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :blush: :woohoo: :sick:

Hahahah poor little pepper :(:P How can you be so cruel Dave?!? :laugh:

My baby really is going to think I am a horrible, cruel person tomorrow because he has to go to the vet :( Right now he is being tortured with fresh fruit and a nice new cage with lots of toys.:evil:

My heart aches for this poor, cruelly abused parrot. I can see why he had to write to tell us all about his dreadful life. WHAT a terrible, mean Dad poor Pepper has! Won't let him eat Dad's whole dinner? Won't feed him peanuts and french fries? Won't let him eat the laptop? How DREADFUL!!!

So glad this wasn't an awful story. Don't really know why I wanted to read it if I thought it was going to be about a sadly abused bird. Loved the post. Tobie is glad some one finally understands and speaks out to let us humans know his life isn't a bowl of pomegranets. {Feel-good-0002006E}

Hahaha, I just realized something about Pepper's post.

Not being able to play with the laptop keys, nor the TV remote, etc. Maybe the makers of Parrot toys are missing a great oppotunity here. Just think of all the toys our bird would love to play with. Phones, glasses, pads of paper, TV remotes, computer keyboards, watches, belt buckles, shoe laces, window trim ear rings, wedding rings....

Tom

• 2 weeks later...