NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Congo Greys at the Columbus Zoo!!!

chimaysmommy

Well yesterday, my mom, my boyf and I went to the Columbus Zoo yesterday and there was an exhibit with 9 or 10 greys in it! Unfortunately we caught them right around naptime so only two of them were climbing around their huge enclosure. You can tell that they primarily reside in an area near a large parking lot and major road because they exhibited a wide variety of car alarms, car horns, and sirens. Ha ha!

There was a sign next to the exhibit, educating people about Greys--where they come from and the dangers posed to their natural habitat. Plus, a nice little side-note saying that they are wild animals and belong in the wild, NOT in our living rooms. :angry: I felt a little insulted! Ha ha...j/k.

The photos I took on my blackberry were too large to post to the forum, so I've uploaded the best ones to my photo album if anyone would like to take a look!

Have a Greyt day!

Very nice pics I also think all birds should be able to fly free and I give My birds as much freedom as possible living in captivity they where not hatch wild and there for would not survive a wild enviroment so I do my best to give them as much flying room as I can. hopefully with Adaya she will bee able to fly like Tinkerbell on a harness but still able to soar the heavens. Love and training shes will have it all. All though I will never ever free fly her flying high on a harness is the next best thing. She has a very light weight harness she can fly easily Her harness weighs 5grs that pretty light distributed over her body. the harrness I use is called a lil critters harrness it only got 1 clasp and it very easy to put on I tried a Feather teather but this one is so much lighter and easier to use its a figure 8 harrness

I might have to visit that zoo sometime when I go to visit my son, he lives in upper W VA close to Ohio, I would love to see those greys.

Yeah I would be a little insulted too but like another member said mine is hand reared and belongs in my home and heart, my opinion also.