NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Howdy Howdy. Nice to meet ya!

Hi guys. My name's Ashlen. I've decided to add an African Grey to my furry and feathered family very, very soon. In the meantime, this seemed like the place to be while I wait with bated breath for my new baby!

xoxo

Ashlen

owned by chinchillas Freckles and George, Venus the Rose Breasted Cockatoo, and Peanut Butter the Cat.

So you are addding a grey to your family, you have chosen a wonderful addition as they make excellent pets if you know what you are getting into.

So when are you going to be bringing this baby grey home? Is this your first grey? Have you thought of any names yet?

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can. We have many knowledgeable members here who go out of their way to help one another when needed so do not be afraid to ask any question.

Do you have any pictures of this grey yet? When you do get some please share them with us as we love pictures here.

I'm looking for a baby male Timneh. Hopefully my birdie wiil find me soon! lol I still have a couple of weeks of renovations to do at my house so I guess I'll have to be patient, but I'm adding a room just for my furried and feathered babies. I have 2 chinchillas (Freckle and George) and a rose breasted cockatoo named Venus who's cages sit next to eachother and they have a blast chatting and trying to share food..or steal food lol. My cockatoo is actually quite fond of my cat, Peanut Butter's, kitty treats too. OHHHHH..it just came to me. Samson. The perfect name for my new Grey.

Welcome!

Timnehs are a lot of Grey packed into a small package. My last Grey was a Timneh and he was a great bird, smart and full of personality. We've always had cats and it was funny watching my little Timneh, Nelson dominate the kitties. He was fearless and was the "boss" of the house. The couple times we brought a new cat into the house there'd be a moment where Nelson would be allowed off his cage onto the floor (always supervised of course) to meet the new kitty. The cat would see him and get the "oh goodie a bird" look and come over to check him out. When they got close and the bird didn't try to fly away they'd sit there and stare looking confused. When the bird started coming AT them, head down with determination to show them who's boss - the cat would back up way up with eyes like saucers. I SWEAR I could see smoke coming out of the cat's ears because this was soooooo wrong! Needless to say, the cats learned to not bother Nelson. He would even sometimes go over to their bowls and eat "dinner" with them - another sight to see!

Infact you CAN see the sight 'cause I took a picture! NelsonAndSimba.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: SamsDad, at: 2009/04/25 06:54

NelsonAndSimba.jpg

Ashlen,

Thanks!

I wish I could find another picture I have of Nelson with one of the other cats. He actually bonded with this cat and loved hanging out with him. He was an extremely mellow cat and his dish was in a corner near Nelson's cage. When we fed the cat - his name was "Flash" - Nelson would climb down, walk over and beg for the cat to feed him. The way he'd do this is to lower his wings, tremble and start making little soft grunting noises while holding his beak near the Flash's mouth. I used to call this his baby bird routine. He'd sometimes preen the cat while he was resting too. It was about a cute as it gets. Flash would hang out by the sliding glass door basking in the sun and I'd see Nelson over there next to him doing the same. When I saw these things I just knew they both felt, life was good.

It'll be great to hear stories of your new flock member.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...