NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

World's smallest bird

LunaBaby

I love hummingbirds! This is a photo I took of one coming to a feeder in our backyard last year. Pic taken at dusk with flash from about 6 feet away. I stood there waiting and watching a few come and go for quite some time, then captured a few pictures! :laugh:

302367648_02df212138.jpg

Guest islandgirltexas

HOW PRECIOUS..I HAVE A YARD FULL OF HUMMINGBIRDS..ALMOST THAT SMALL. I HAVE MANY AROMATIC FLOWERS AND THEY LOVE THEM...I AM THINKING OF GETTING A FEEDER FOR THEM TO ATTRACT MORE.

Guest islandgirltexas

CeasarsDad wrote:

This tiny bird could be mistaken for a large bug.. I hope no one smashed one of them by accident... :(<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/06/23 06:17

EEEWWWWW...BOYS MINDS ARE SOOOOO GROSS. I SHOULD GIVE A THUMBS DOWN ON THE KARMA THING FOR THAT ONE.... blbl1.gif

Is a hummingbird a different name for what they call a kiwi in australia? Or is it a different bird altogether?

He's adorable :)

Absolutely and completely different. Kiwi's are rather large, flightless birds from New Zealand, not Australia. B) You can google "kiwi bird" and read all about them. They are quite interesting and endangered, I saw them when in NZ.

Here is a good link with some pics:

http://www.chemistry.co.nz/kiwibird.htm<br><br>Post edited by: dblhelix, at: 2007/06/25 18:47