NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I'm New Here

Hello,

I'm new here. A few weeks ago, we had the joy of adding an older grey to our family.We recieved him(not sure that's what he is, but to us it is him)from a friend of ours who has had him for about four years, but we don't know how old he was when he recieved him. He found him in his yard, and no one ever claimed him. So far it has been a joy to have him.So far he has really bonded with my wife very well, me on the other hand, everytime I try, I get a nasty bite. What can I do(any tricks of the trade)to help turn this around?

Welcome Phaynes!!

It's always nice to hear of someone taking in an adult Grey. It will take time and patience for your Grey to warm up to you. Just stay as close and interact with him/her as is allowed. Offer treats like an almond, grape piece of apple etc. and see if that may help build trust with him/her.

Looking forward to hearing more and seeing some photos when you get a chance. :-)

Hello Phaynes and welcome to the forum! That is so nice of you to rehome an older grey. Does he talk? And whats his name? Like Dan said offer him treats and give him his space so he doesn't bite you. Pretty soon you should start to read his body language so you know when he is going to bite. Don't try to force him to like you either because it takes time and patience. Anyways enjoy the site and yes we love to see pictures. :)

Hello Phaynes and welcome to the family, so glad you could join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this grey.

That was great that you could take this grey in when he needed a new home, its not easy to work with an older grey that has already had a home or two before coming to you but with some time and patience he should make a good companion.

Thats pretty typical of a grey to take to one person over another but you can still have a relationship with him just not like the one he has with your wife. You could be the one to give him treats and such but just don't force yourself on him or it will backfire.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

We love pictures here so if you have some of your grey you would share with us please do so.

BTW, what is your grey's name?