NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

NEW CONTEST!!!!!

Talon

We are having our first contest here in this room!

We are looking for HOME MADE TOYS,(for birds)! Please be creative! Voting will take place after the deadline.

Here are the rules:

Must be made by YOURSELF!

Picture must be posted here in this thread.

DEADLINE: May 31, midnight EST

Some suggestions for materials used:

Plastic Straws

Cupcake Wrappers

Coffee Filters

Scrap Wood

Pine cones (prepared safely for birds)

Paper cups

Cardboard

Popsicle Sticks

You may use any materials you have, but the toy MUST be handmade by YOU!

Good Luck and Have Fun!! :woohoo:

Post edited by: Talon, at: 2009/04/21 23:51<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2009/04/22 18:57

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh its been awhile since we have had any kind of contest but this should be a good one, I might even enter something myself even though I am not very creative.

Allright all you members who have been making some toys for your greys lets get busy and make some thingamajigs and whatchamacallits.

Hey, is there any prize for the winner?

Ohh I love contests! Are we allowed to submit more than one?? I made a lot of toys. lol Here is the one I like the most but its a swing, lol is that considered a toy?haha :)

SDC10741.jpg

How its made:

I found a nice real branch, screwed in some hooks, tied some colorful rope to the screws, tied knots to hold the colorful wood blocks, and then added some leather string and beads to chew on while he is swinging.

Ok then well heres more. :P :lol: ;)

SDC10801.jpg

Ecko loves this toy! He was going crazy with it and then he ended up between the table haha! Its the easiest toy to make, its made with wire and beads. Add some rope with wood stars.

IMG_0625.jpg

A wiffle ball, with some rope and some blocks. Pretty simple lol.

IMG_0626.jpg

It may not look like that I made this but I really did, lol. I ordered the parts from birdyboredombusters.com and it came out to look like a store bought toy haha! Its wood blocks, with coconut pieces and at the end little plastic pacifiers.

OK I'm done now. :lol:

CIMG6917.jpg

this one's just straws, wiffle balls and beads. i'm gonna re-do it cuz willis loves those straws!! (got the idea from a diff. post about the straws...HUGE HIT!!) not a very exciting toy but he likes it lol. he was playing with it till i pulled out the camera :P figures

I dont know where that just went but it seems lost here is my entry like i said before from macaw to african grey, amazon, umbrella cockatoo and white cap pionus they all love this toy.

If you have pluckers this works really good.

corpuschristi335.jpg