NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Regurgitation

Summerc25

Okay so I know it is a little soon for this (He has been with meone week tomorrow), but I think Shaka Zulu just tried to regurgitate int my hand but nothing came up. He leaned his head down for me to scratch and while I was scratching his head he starting kind of doing this weird head and neck movement and sounded a little funny, kind of gagging and breathing loud, I thought he was choking or something so I almost stroked. Then he kept pulling my fingers with his beak to his mouth. He never actually threw up anything though. Is this regurgitation or at least an attempt? When I left the cage he calmed back down and now he is chattering to me and preening.

It could possibly be your baby looking to be fed. When babies are feeding the will like shake there head forward and back, and maybe he was trying to pull your finger to his beak to get you to feed him/her. Or he was try to regurgitate. I could tell if I saw a video.

My two greys will take turns feeding each other. They will try to feed my fiancee and I also. It was pretty funny the first time they tried (well succeeded) to feed my fiancee. She did not know what they were doing until plop there is some regurgitated papaya in her mouth. :sick: For me it was even funnier, because when Saphira started to regurgitate, I told my fiancee to watch out, but she scoffed at me saying i was jealous she was getting the attention.......So i must say the "I told you so" felt pretty good.:evil:

Luckily I grew up with birds so when they try to do it to me, I know what is going on.<br><br>Post edited by: Sallas, at: 2009/04/17 17:33