NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

New Pictures of Shaka Zulu :)

Summerc25

Hi guys!

Sorry I have not been on. I have been too busy playing with my baby :P So I got him home and her are some pictures. The cage is the one he came with. I am buying him a newone in two weeks. While scrubbing and cleaning the cage up I discovered it was a cockateil cage!!! I kne it looked to small to me when I wen to see him. Anyways, he will be getting a new cage as soon a I can afford it. I plan to get himone next paycheck in a week and a half. In the mean time, Iam leaving his cage door open so he won't be trapped in this cage as it is too small for him. Here is a you tube video too.

That should be the link to my video. SZ1.jpg

Post edited by: Summerc25, at: 2009/04/16 06:12

Post edited by: Summerc25, at: 2009/04/16 06:15<br><br>Post edited by: Summerc25, at: 2009/04/16 06:16

SZ1.jpg

Oh Summer he's a beautiful bird his feathers are just gorgous how is he doing at settling in does he come out of the tiny cage at all? will he step up for you ar can you give him scritches? Thats the same siz cage My Tyco was in for the first 4 years of her life only she was locked in and neglected with no toys or anything When I got her I bought her the biggest cage I could find and they say that you should set the cage up and then slowly introduce them to it well Tyco had other plans she went into her new cage on her own within 8 hours of setting it up I set it up while she was sleeping so when I uncovered her in the morning it was their and then I proceeded to make some new toys out of some old toys that where around the house then I put some of her favorite foods in the new cage all while she watched and as soon as I put the food in the new cage she went in and ate. that night she slepted in her new cage and I took her old one away. it was so easy she loves her cage so much and uses every bit of it and I'm sure your baby will also. I don't understand why people would buy a big beautiful bird and then buy a cge that isn't apropriate for it. can't they see that a cage like that is way to small for that size of a bird. This is the cage I got for Tyco. I bought it brand new from a bifd rescue but they keep all their birds in foster homes and someone donated this cage but it was to big to move from house to house because it doesn't come apart so they sold it to me for 100. and the best part was that the money went back into the rescue to help other birds. Check out the bird rescues in your area mabie you can get a good deal on a cage also.

HPIM1003.jpg

I will check on the bird rescues about cages then. I don't tink there are any in myimmediate area but maybe some within a few hrs away. He stays out of the cage alot. She never shut him inthe cage, probably because it is too small. He is settling in unbeleivably well. He is talking his head off and he is soooo sweet. He has been stepping up for me since day one and now he lowers his head for me to give him scritches. Yesterday he climbed down the cage and waddled right over to me while I was laying on the floor in here by his cage. Although I hate leaving him unattended all day long and out of the cage, I have been. That cage is too small so I do not ever shut the door on it. H was used to never having the door shut so he likes it this way. When we get a new giant cage, then I will have to see how he does when I shut the door. He just started in the past few days jabbering away with me in the room, when I did that video I had to leave the room so he woul think he was alone lol Now he talks just as much or more with me sitting here.

He is a handsome fella and yes that cage is way too small for a grey, please do get him a bigger one as soon as you can but that is a good idea to leave the door open if you are at home but close it up if you leave or at night. Thanks for sharing those pics with us.

What a GreyT looking CAG Shaka Zulu is. :-)

Thanks for sharing the photos, video and overview of how he has been obviously flourishing in his new Home.

Great job on his homecoming!! Karma to you for re-homing him. :-)

Welcome! I would have to agree he could definately use a bigger cage. More specifically a wider one. Here's the link to the cage I bought for our Chimay...it was a bit of a pain to put together (I'd highly recommend a second person to assist) but Chimay absolutely loves it. He's got a really good amount of room to move around. Plus it was about $150.00 cheaper than comparable cages at larger retail stores.

http://www.bird-cage.com/p38/Kasterra-Play-Top-Bird-Cage/product_info.html

Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Gosh I looked at that cage and thought oh how I wish you lived in vancouver canada I just got a massive cage for Shady for less than the price of that cage they are haveing a huge sale on cages at the petcetra in chiliwack British columbia all cages are 50% off I got the biggest cage they carry and it 40x36x54 inside mesurements and I paid just under 300. including tax. I wonder if theres a way I could buy one and have it Shipped to you They had one there the same size as the one in that website for 150. plus tax so it would be around 200. which would be also way better. I wonder what the shipping costs would be.

DSC00112-1-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/04/16 19:11

Wow Tyco's mom that is a bargain! I wish they could ship to me for a reasonable price. I want him to have a HUGE cage. I do like the playtop for a new cage because he likes it but I also have to get a new playstand andI saw oneI love that has tons of things for him to do so am going to be buying that one. So the new cage won't have to have a playtop, bt if it does that is cool too. Do they have a website?

Thanks everyone for all of the replies and compliments :) He will be getting a very nice cage asap, next Friday likely. That is when I get paid again. Thanks!!