NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

My grey is breathing weird :(

loshcosh

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also be praying for a full recovery for Eli Poor baby. Isn't it wonderful to have a vet that actually cares for their patients. They are definatly far and few between this day and age. My vet is very caring also a coulple years ago when my Grey bit off my GCC beak she phoned me three times to make sure he was getting enough to eat and that he was taking his food and meds ok because I phoned her once the day after it happened because he wasn't taking to the hand feeding well. when he got hungry enough he started eating no problem but she still phoned me just to make sure. Its nice to hear that you have a caring vet as well they really are the best. Like I said I'll be sending healing thoughts your way and praying with great intencitity for that sweet baby's full recovery.

Your vet sound great.My vet is the same.His answer service calls him out of hours and he is totally dedicated to his patiance.My tiel got heavy metal poison about 18 mm0nths ago and my vet was brilliant. He even took Cracker home with him of a night so he could inject him and keep an eye on him. I have confidence your vet will do his best for Eli.

It is unforgivable that your vet is unable to get the records from the other vet. I would have been knocking at their door threatening a lawsuit if treatment for your baby was delayed because the new vet was unable to get the records.:evil:

Started Eli back up on the fluconazole day b4 yesterday and he started having breathing issues again so back to the vet we went. The vet gave him another shot to help with his breathing and he is going to try a new med as I am thinking he is having a reaction to the fluconazole. We stopped the drug and now he is breathing fine again. It's almost like he is having an allergic reaction to it. Hopefully this new med will not cause these problems as the aspergillus test came back positive :(

Lori, I am sorry the aspergillus test came back positive, but now you know what you are dealing with and you have a fantastic vet who cares what happens to your grey. Keep positive and be strong because the upward journey is in sight and I pray sweet Eli is on the way to a full recovery.