NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Hello everyone! African grey named Juice.

Hello everyone!

I want to introduce my African Grey. His name is Juice, he lives with us from November 2008 and he is near 1.5 years old, as far as I concern.

He's a bit sick - he plucks his feathers neurotically.

Here's a bit of his old photos:

3115908343_e6e3b66acf.jpg

3199076035_d232b9b53a.jpg

3156173623_3abfb000b0.jpg

And recent ones:

3353762119_3230f3f906.jpg

3423875008_cd4407e55a.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Oldcockatoo, at: 2009/04/13 19:47

Welcome Oldcockatoo and Juice!!

It's GreYt having you here. He does look like he may be over preening and he has/is been going through a molt which is very bothersome and itchy to them.

Looking forward to hearing more from you and thanks for posting the photos. :-)

Welcome to you both,

How long has Juice been plucking? Did anything change you can think of? Maybe something new in the house, change of routine?

Cant wait to hear more about you both, thanks for sharing the lovely photos of Juice:)

chimaysmommy, danmcq, luvparrots, casper, jamalbirdbiz,

thank you all! Nice to meet you all here!

Well, about Juice's plucking, we've done all tests, even the x-ray:

3192395488_2195f918c9.jpg

(it was before we got him, he'd been suspected to have some lung problems, but fortunately everything turned out to be OK). He seems to be totally healthy.

Can his plucking be connected with the fact that my lutino cockatiels began nesting?

And also I've noticed than when he's alone in the room he begins to sing and to squawk but when somebody enters the room he stops and just sits still. I think he's still afraid of people, too.

His history is very complicated, actually I don't know where is he from, we've bought him from a woman who was considered to be a bird pro in Russia, she told us that he was bred in captivity, but some month ago we discovered that she was a fraud and Juice may be a wild caught bird...<br><br>Post edited by: Oldcockatoo, at: 2009/04/13 23:27

Hello oldcockatoo and welcome to the forum! What a beautiful grey Juice is. I really like the first pic of him. That xray is pretty cool too, I'm glad everything turned out to be ok. But that is too bad he is plucking. Do you have any foraging toys in his cage so he can keep his beak busy? So you think he is a wild caught bird? Are you able to handle him? Anyways just wanted to welcome you to the forum. Please keep us posted on Juice's progress.