NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Shanti on my back in my backyard

DavidH

Storm,

The Adventure Pack comes with two plastic bowls for food and water, as well as two perches. I guess the two-perch idea is for significantly smaller birds.

Shanti will eat from his bowl -- no problem. When we're walking he clings to the cage, but at rest he perches, preens and eats. Today I took him out to a picnic table overlooking a big field. He got to see his first horse and great blue heron.

Water is not going to work for the bowl because it will spill when the backpack is on your back. However, I'm not planning on going on 10-hour hikes or anything, so when we rest the second plastic bowl is fine.

Shanti is enjoying the adventures. I have a wingabego carrier for Charlie but it is very clumbersome and heavy. The adventure pack looks easier. How is it for size? Charlie is quite a big cag and I was afraid it may be small for him when I was looking but it looks fine in your photo.<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/04/05 12:55

She, Shanti is also a large CAG. It's a bit of a tight squeeze, but I have the perch up on the second level and he's fine. I have previously compared it to a big guy fitting into a small sports car. Guys love sports car, so they don't mind at all :)

A bigger design would be too cumbersome on the back, unless the human carrier were the big broad-shouldered athletic guy.

I would NOT use the adventure pack for taking the bird somewhere and keeping him overnight or longer. Not designed for that. It's just for travel and outdoor fun.

Thanks for posting the picture. I am green with envy and can't wait to get mine next month. Shanti looks like he's enjoying himself.

Ziva has a vet appt. next month, so she'll just have to have one! I can't wait to take her to the beach, etc.