NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

His cage looks like a cotton field!

TopalBird

"doesn't he know this is not good??? "

No, he is irritated over the bad wing clip,prickly pins all over his body and very uncomfortable. It will take time and patience for this to stop. I know from your previous thread on this that a vet is involved now and you just need to trust their recommendations.

Just try keeping the bald spots supple by applying some 100% aloe gel and mist him with 100% aloe juice until drenched 3x weekly. Also get some red palm oil and mix it in with his foods when you can. about a 1/4 teaspoon dripped in oatmeal, eggs, on pellets etc.

I truly feel very sorry for the Grey, as I know you do to. In your care with love and patience it will become better.

Poor uncomfortable birdie. Unfortunately, this kind of thing DOES take a lot of time. Even when the behavior stops, it can take quite a while before all the feathers grow back in. I'm glad you have a vet involved. You may already be doing all this, but do you have a humidifier in the bird's room? Does he get regular misting/showers? Is he eating red palm oil with his food? Will he play with foraging toys? Have you tried any training with him? Sometimes when they have something for their busy little minds to focus on it reduces their feather destruction . . . Sorry if this is all old info/ideas :)