NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

A Question ??

Supernova

I am very new here and I thank you all for the welcome.

But I have a question.

My Ben has been in her home for just over 3 years now and her cage is showing signs that it needs changing.

The bottom grill is starting to corrode and the cleaning is getting diffacult because of the nooks and cranies.

Have you any good makes I am in England?

I know about size, metal, powder coating, open top and all.

Also can she take the change to a new different style cos it would be a very big change very quick?

Sorry if this posted in the wrong place, if so please move it.

SN.

In the UK, you also have the EBAY branch. Go there and type BIRD CAGES. You'll see pictures of loads of cages. I've been there. The prices are good, the quality is good, they offer many styles and styles, they give specific infiormation about each cage including a few photos of any cage you're looking at. The big difference between the store bought cages and the EBAY cages is that the EBAY cages don't have a brand name on them.

As I am in the US I don't know where you would look for cages but you can probably google it and find some good sites in the UK.

A new cage, even if it is the same style would be a big deal to a grey, you would have to set it up and let Ben get used to it being in the same room and gradually move it closer and closer until it is right beside the current one. Put some toys in it to make it enticing and eventually she will check it out, she won't be able to resist.

You could probably get one exactly like the one she has and she would still react the same way, she knows the difference.

No if she needs a new cage she needs a new cage, you would have to get one eventually as a cage doesn't last forever certainly not as long as she will live. Just get one and introduce it slowly and let her get used to it being there and you will get her into it, we all will have to deal with this at some point in time.