NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cleaners

melissa44685

I use Oxyfresh cleaning gel every week. It is very mild and works like a charm. It is also known to inactivate the the avian polyoma virus.:)

My avian vet uses it as well as the petshope where Emma and Sachi came from. You can purchase it at this link.

For my regular house cleaning duties...

I use my regular cleaners but make sure the parrots aren't in the same room and I also open the windows on all sides of my home to air out the place.

http://www.theperchstore.net/cleaning-supplies-disinfectants-oxyfresh.html

Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/30 03:10<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/30 03:32

Carol you can still clean the house the way you normally do:) . I'm pretty methodical about cleaning and I do it every single day for my health and the bird's health.

Just have the litte one be in another room while your're cleaning and if there are odors.. then give the room a good airing out by opening the windows before your feathered one returns. That is one of the reasons why I have the swings in different parts of my home. Each swing is placed strategically so that I don't have to constantly be in the same room as my parrots, yet they can still view me from afar and know that their flock is fine. I in the meantime can continue to do the things that I need to do..i.e cleaning:(

This way Emma also becomes acquainted to different rooms and can hang out with me when I am at my computer or in the guest room. It's a good thing to get your parrot used to change at an early age too.

I must admit that I don't use febreeze though. Do they have an unscented version?;)<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/30 14:58