NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I Love Vegas

No, not the city. But our new African Grey.

Vegas018-2.jpg

Say Hello to Vegas. She is a 4 month old African Grey that my wife and I couldn't leave the bird store without.

We've had her about 2 weeks now and she has adapted well to our Sun Conure and 3 dogs. She's starting to whistle along all day and is very good about doing the "step up" command.

We look forward to being long time members of this community.

Welcome neruda074 and Vegas!!

It's GreYt having you here. :-)

Vegas is one fine looking Grey and it sounds like you are all already on the path of becoming one big happy flock.

Thanks for posting the photo and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Hello Neruda074 and welcome to the family, so glad you have decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Vegas.

She is a very stunning looking grey from the picture you so kindly included in your first post, you must be very proud of her.

I also have a sun conure, Sunny but my grey and her do not get along, they have separate cages but are in the same room, Josey is famous for telling Sunny to shut up when she screams.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them at your leisure and do not hesitate to ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Thanks guys for the encouraging words. I really hope she becomes a talker. I can tell that she's trying to mimic my whistles to her so that's a good sign.

We got her from the bird store with her wings already clipped, but I don't think we'll clip them again. I want her to be as confident as any body. Our sun conure is very afraid of everything and I don't want that to rub off on Vegas.

Here are a couple of more photos for your viewing pleasure.

Vegas021.jpg

Vegas007.jpg

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. I never thought I can love a bird this much. She is turning into the love of my life very quickly. I think my wife is actually getting jealous.

Vegas has no fear of anything. She loves to try new toys and different places in the house. She's even very welcoming of new people.

She's becoming a very big important part of our family.