NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Our First Grey Photo Contest.

CeasarsDad

Hi Everyone..

I think it's time for us to have our own "Shoot the Grey" photo contest. This photo contest starts today and runs through July 13th. Everyone can enter. You don't need high tech equipment to win.. The photos will not be judged solely on technical merit. Composition and subject creativity weigh more.

The subject for this, our first Grey Photo Contest will be centered around "funny things your Grey does" Post your photos here showing your Grey doing funny and sometimes stupid things..

Contest entries will be judged by me.. Hey, it's my contest ok. :P although feedback from the membership here will weigh heavy on my decision..

The prizes are as follows..

If you are a girl and you win.. You get a $50 gift card to Victoria s Secrets. If you are a GUY you get a $50 gift card to Circuit City.. OR a $50 money order. Your choice..

You can enter as many photos as you want.. In order for any payout to be given there must be at least 10 members sending in photos NOT 10 photos by the same member..

All photos MUST be your own work and most show an African Grey parrot...

Good luck to EVERYONE.. Just so you know I will not be entering any photos since I am the judge.. :P

Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/06/13 16:55<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/06/13 20:48

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions:

1. Will your cute little neice be entering the contest?

2. Can females choose a giftcard to Circuit City instead of Victoria's Secret? Why should my husband benefit from a contest I enter?

3. Do we still retain the rights to our pictures?

4. Is there a limit to how many pictures we can enter?

5. Where do we send the photos?

No, I am not entering any of my photos so you don't have to worry about any of my family members using my photos in this contest.

You will retain the rights to your photos.. Of course.

Photos are to be 500 pixels wide and will be uploaded by you into the site.. If you don't know or can't figure out how to do that, just ask.. If you just want to post a link to your photo you can do that too

You can enter as many photos are you little heart desires..

You can choose either the Circuit City card or the VS card.. No problem..<br><br>Post edited by: CeasarsDad, at: 2007/06/13 19:04

Richardsmommy,

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. It's all in fun!

And let me tell you, there are alot of really nice handbags, sunglasses and jewelry that I'm sure anyones "cute little niece" or daughter would love if she were to win. :)<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/06/13 18:43

Talon wrote:

Richardsmommy,

I think you're taking this a little too seriously. It's all in fun!

And let me tell you, there are alot of really nice handbags, sunglasses and jewelry that I'm sure anyones "cute little niece" or daughter would love if she were to win. :)<br><br>Post edited by: Talon, at: 2007/06/13 18:43

Talon, my post was made lightheartedly.

celery wrote:

I'm with Richardsmommy. Assuming I value anything from Victoria's Secret because I am a woman (not a "girl") is just a wee bit sexist. Are we too dainty to handle cables? No.

Why don't you just offer a "bird cam" set up, something everyone could use, share on YouTube, AND it's photography related.

OK.. how about this.. anyone wins they get a $50 money order to buy whatever they want.. OK Everyone happy now.. :P :P

I'm sure as soon as Talonsis gets home, she'll be the first. And then maybe others will post a picture instead of complaining about a fun contest to lighten things up. I know you're heart was in the right place here, Frank. {Love-0002011D}

After all, don't we enjoy seeing our birds doing funny things, and wouldn't you love to share it with everyone in our family here?

celery wrote:

I'm with Richardsmommy. Assuming I value anything from Victoria's Secret because I am a woman (not a "girl") is just a wee bit sexist. Are we too dainty to handle cables? No.

Why don't you just offer a "bird cam" set up, something everyone could use, share on YouTube, AND it's photography related.

Sexist? Well, I have been called worse in my life so I take that as a compliment.. :P Thank you Celery;)

SO...Afeni didn't actually do this herself...we did it to her.

We've been desperate to get her to stop plucking so one night we put a t-shirt on her. She hated it and we had to take it off of her, but not before we got a picture!

This picture makes me laugh.

Enjoy! 320x240.jpg

320x240.jpg

Relax, We're all on the same side here. I'd love to see a picture of your grey. And you can always forfeit the prize if you win, I'm sure.

Why don't you be the first to post?

Oh, sure! NOW you want me to FORFEIT the money! [grin]

Naw, seriously, I was just saying we would have had fun either way. And don't worry about me. I'm relaxed. My posts are all made lightheartedly (including ALL of this one). Man, I hate not seeing us face to face.<br><br>Post edited by: Richardsmommy, at: 2007/06/13 23:10