NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hello from westchester county NY

Hello everybody. Just joined today

My name is Vince. I wanted a grey since i was 10 and last week i finally got one(after 14 years). His name is Henry, a 6 months old CAG. He is still not use to me and is a bit aggressive (bites pretty hard). I was told it will take him around a month or so for him to trust me. Im proud to have him and look forward to a life time of companionship. Also looking forward to learning from everyone here. Here are some pics

HenryV003.jpg

HenryV001.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: vincezarate, at: 2009/03/28 20:10

Hello Vince and welcome to the family, so glad you decided to join us and we look forward to hearing more about you and Henry.

A month is just a time frame, it could happen sooner or take much longer, it depends on how quickly he gets comfortable with you to trust you and you have to earn that trust so be patient because it will happen but when he is ready for it.

He is a good looking grey from the pictures you so kindly shared with us, most of the time we have to ask for pics, he looks like they typical grey hanging down from the top of the cage.

You will find lots of useful information in our many threads so do read thru them and ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

hello vince and henry!...nice looking birdie he is!...mine had a biting issue upon first receiving him, but has since calmed considerably (after about two weeks for him)...he will still bite on occasion, but nowhere near as often or as hard! ...have patience,he'll come around to you :)

Welcome Vince and Henry!!

It's GreYt having you here. Henry will come around and from the photos seems to already be fairly relaxed and interested in you. It does take a while for them to settle into their new surroundings and family. Just go slow and let him see that you are a trusted and loving person he will consider as a flock member.

Looking forward to hearing how this progresses and seeing some more photos. :-)

Thats a great thing I can tell you two are going to be the best of friends. He's still very much a baby so he still young enough to bond quickly to you. Did you get him from a breeder a petstore or a private seller just curious.Well you waited 14 yrs and now you 2 have the next 60 yrs or so to grow old together. what fun. He really is a pretty looking Grey. He looks like a big guy also do you know how much he weighs.

Thank You Everyone!!!

Tycos_mom wrote:

Thats a great thing I can tell you two are going to be the best of friends. He's still very much a baby so he still young enough to bond quickly to you. Did you get him from a breeder a petstore or a private seller just curious.Well you waited 14 yrs and now you 2 have the next 60 yrs or so to grow old together. what fun. He really is a pretty looking Grey. He looks like a big guy also do you know how much he weighs.

I bought him at a parrot store called Parrots & Co. The owner breeds all types of parrots there and sells them as soon as they grow all their feathers and are able to eat on there own. She also keeps her private collection there too.

i think Henry chose me since the all the workers there said that i was the only one that was able to touch his nose for the first time. Im not really sure how much he weighs but looks to be fully grown in comparison to all the others that Ive seen 1 year+. he looks to be about a foot or so

Raposa wrote:

Hi Vince! Congratulations on your beautiful Henry. I know he will settle in and you will be the best of friends! Where in Westchester are you? I live in Texas now but I grew up in Hawthorne

wow! I live in Port Chester. Its at the border of Conneticut(Greenwich). Hawthorne is 20 mintues away