NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

my 6 month african grey eyes?

vincezarate

hello im new here on this forum and i have a question.

i bought an african grey last week. he's 6 months old and i notice that the white area around his eyes are a bit blue. does he have a eye infection? im worried

any advice is helpful

100_0559.jpg

100_0559-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: vincezarate, at: 2009/03/28 18:41

No, that color is actually grey which sometimes comes across as slightly blue/grey. The eyes will change according to age. They'll get lighter and lighter with that grey iris finally being white. The color in the picture is approx the proper color of a 5 to 6 my old grey. Not all are exactly the same but the color in the picture is correct as far as age goes. There is no infection.

Adult Eye color----bird is 5 yrs old

bbb-1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: Dave007, at: 2009/03/28 18:33

Dave as always is spot on.

Dave - Which Grey is that? He/She is beautiful. :-) So, is the ship behind. Did you build that ship?

Wish you would post more pictures, they are GreYt and I know others would like to see your "Flock" to and get to know them by name. :-)

• 1 year later...

Hello Nada, this is something your avian vet will have to answer for you as none of us here are vets, you obviously had your grey under a vet's care for the infection so refer back to him/her for additional advice. I hope the vet will be able to help him for that is tragic for him to be blind in one eye. Please let us know what you find out.