2 x 90degree connector (for 1/2" pipe)

1 x 4 way connector (for 1/2" pipe)

2x 1/2" end caps

3 x suction cups

1 x SS eye hook

vetwrap

Directionos:

cute the following out of 1/2" PVC - 1@8", 1@6",2@4",2@2"

connect the pieces according to the pictures..

you can pre-drill a hole to attach the eye screw

to attach the suction cups, you need a dremel and carefully cut a keyhole shaped hole..

this is the hardest part as u need to cut little by little to make sure the suction cups fit on really SNUG

these are the suction cups to use

suction_cups.jpg

102_1603.jpg

102_1604.jpg

102_1608.jpg

Post edited by: babypiggy, at: 2009/03/27 05:29<br><br>Post edited by: babypiggy, at: 2009/03/27 05:29

i try to make things

as we had a store bought one and i didn't like the design on it as most shower perch have the eye hook on the perch they stand on for toys...

well how on earth would ajax play with the toy that is hanging down if he doesn't have "normal grip"

• 3 months later...

i just did the holes for the suction cups this morning. i don't have a dremel, so i ended up using a utility knife and a scissors to make the holes lol. it started out as a tiny little hole and i kept scraping it to make it bigger. then i just forced the ends of the cups in there. when i couldn't get them out by pulling on them i figured they must be pretty tight! lol. i don't have a pic yet cuz my camera battery died in while i was on vacation and i haven't found which bag has the charger yet. willis went on it for a little while, only to fly off it shortly. he seemed a bit leary of the vet wrap ;) so it's stuck on the window in the livingroom right now so he can get used to it before i stick it (and him) in the shower! he doesn't like showers with a spray bottle, so i'm hoping with a perch to sit on (instead of the shower curtain rod) in the shower he will want to get wet. i've tried just about everything to get him to like baths with no luck...hopefully this will work! as soon as i get a pic i'll post it

just thought i'd add that when i made mine like this i had to go back and take off the 8 in piece and replace it with a longer one cuz when willis sat on it it wasn't long enough and he kept hitting himself in the head with the toy or falling of the end. so i'm not sure if i did something wrong or if babypiggy made a mistake when listing the measurements. lol. either way this is a great (not to mention moneysaving) idea and i love it!!

GorgASS wrote:

just thought i'd add that when i made mine like this i had to go back and take off the 8 in piece and replace it with a longer one cuz when willis sat on it it wasn't long enough and he kept hitting himself in the head with the toy or falling of the end. so i'm not sure if i did something wrong or if babypiggy made a mistake when listing the measurements. lol. either way this is a great (not to mention moneysaving) idea and i love it!!

LOL

oopsies the toy one is suppose to be 1" or so because then u put it into the connectors it takes off about 1/5"<br><br>Post edited by: babypiggy, at: 2009/08/03 04:16

• 6 months later...

bigbird519 wrote:

how well do the suction cups work? i am always afraid that they will lose there grip and the bird will take a nose dive.

That's the joy of a flighted bird! Something moves, so do they!! You'll soon watch Mojo gaining confidence by hanging from toys etc - and those toys don't stay in one place - Mojo will learn to re-steady himself in these sort of circumstances!

Never seen this thread before - what a great DIY expert you are babypiggy! ;)

• 5 months later...