NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

I have changed my mind about my breeder.

CarolandFamily

Msvoluptous wrote:

Aww Thank You Melissa I spoke to Jeani earlier lol she is sold out :( Even the babies that are still in eggs are reserved! She told me you never know if people will follow through with reservations. So I told her I will keep in contact. She is AWESOME about responding to emails!

Yes They are GREAT!! I live only 45 min. away from them and I am soo glad I found such a great breeder closeby!

I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully someone will change their mind so you can get a grey from them, but if not i'm sure you will find a great breeder and grey!

melissa44685 wrote:

Msvoluptous wrote:

Aww Thank You Melissa I spoke to Jeani earlier lol she is sold out :( Even the babies that are still in eggs are reserved! She told me you never know if people will follow through with reservations. So I told her I will keep in contact. She is AWESOME about responding to emails!

Yes They are GREAT!! I live only 45 min. away from them and I am soo glad I found such a great breeder closeby!

I wish you all the best of luck and hopefully someone will change their mind so you can get a grey from them, but if not i'm sure you will find a great breeder and grey!

Aww Thank You Mellissa I am so happy for you! I am working on it and when that baby comes along I will be so happy in the mean time I have a ton more questions to ask the breeders and they can ask me questions to lol. I just have more reading to do!

Carol

I have a wonderful breeder in Northern California I know she has 1 female atm they sell fully weined and she is the best they are very very socialized. ZZero cuddle me all up and down my chin the seocnd i met him I knew:)

heres a link read all thru her website and you will get to know her weel and be amazed. I have met woth her personally and shes just plain great ! she does ship but not in the summer .

http://www.cedarmountainaviary.com/bird_sale.html

PS shes not a huge email person and somtimes is not the easiest to get a hold of. She has alot of birds and a ranch to care for lol so just a fyi, she usually communicates in the evenings. She does have a business manager who is wonderful too.<br><br>Post edited by: cflanny, at: 2009/03/26 04:03

I would be kind of concerned about the $450 down payment. A credit is better than nothing but I think they should return the money to you. If you can't get your money back and I'm sure you have already asked, I would use the credit up right away like Acappella said. It doesn't take long to spend $450 on parrots I have found out:laugh:

I really think they should refund the deposit but I don't know if it written up in the contract that it is non refundable. If you paid with a credit card you might want to contact them and reverse the charges. They may refund it back to you since you didn't get anything for it. Just a thought. It might also take 90 to 120 days to get it back though, too. But $450 is a lot of money. I would use the credit up quickly if that is the route you will be taking. They don't sound like real good business people and might change their mind on you.

BaxtersMom wrote:

I would be kind of concerned about the $450 down payment. A credit is better than nothing but I think they should return the money to you. If you can't get your money back and I'm sure you have already asked, I would use the credit up right away like Acappella said. It doesn't take long to spend $450 on parrots I have found out:laugh:

I really think they should refund the deposit but I don't know if it written up in the contract that it is non refundable. If you paid with a credit card you might want to contact them and reverse the charges. They may refund it back to you since you didn't get anything for it. Just a thought. It might also take 90 to 120 days to get it back though, too. But $450 is a lot of money. I would use the credit up quickly if that is the route you will be taking. They don't sound like real good business people and might change their mind on you.

I did send them an email to see what they will say and if not I will dispute it with my Bank. I love Bank of America and yeah I could do alot of damage with 450 lol. I guess we will see in a few days.

Update: They sent me an email last night saying they are going to refund ALL of my money. I also noticed too when I visited there they have our previously baby ON HOLD already!{Emotions-000200BA} yes I was upset BUT im glad this is over now :)<br><br>Post edited by: Msvoluptous, at: 2009/03/26 16:05

Well I received an email and there going to reimburse my credit card back! So that was good news :) thanks everyone for all the great advice and links to your breeders.Sweetnlowww I can't forget about the birds that what I did it for :) I wanted a breeder who would let me know how our baby was doing too. I just think its important to know what's going on too :)

Thanks Dan! It was Baxter's Mom doing too she made me think about alot of things as well.

P.s I am awaiting on a breeder to get back to me on my 1,000 question survey that I asked her lol. There maybe a Happy end after all! Stay tuned everyone I go to work soon so I will have to let you all know when I get home tonight around 5:30 or so yippeee<br><br>Post edited by: Msvoluptous, at: 2009/03/26 16:02

caitb2007 wrote:

I'm glad your getting your refund back! And I'm so happy that you might of found your breeder! Can't wait to hear the updates Carol!:)

Thank You Caitlin me too im dancing on the ceiling lol. I also loved your video of your baby lol. I sent you a Youtube comment as well.

I'm glad you got your money back thats great news. I'm so glad I didn't have to deal with any of that stuff. I know my breeder personally. He actually contacted me and wanted me to help him handfeed his baby's I said no but he gave me Shady for 1/2 price so I figure I got a good deal even if I did have to hand feed Shady he's worth the time and trouble.

hey MsV

glad to hear you are getting your deposit back.

may i encourage you to consider parrot rescue? it is not the answer for everybody but it might be a good fit for you.

it has been very rewarding for us and there are many very worthy birds out there waiting for someone as conscientious as you are.

by the way i am a server too - where do you work may i ask?

Sorry to hear things didn't work out with Miracle but I just know there's a baby grey out there somewhere just waiting for you to come along. You have to listen to your heart for sure in issues like this! I'm glad to hear you are getting all your deposit back, too, great news! Well keep us updated- the wait for your grey will be worth it, you sound like you are going to be a wonderful grey momma!:)

I have gotten 5 birds all together from the breeder I use (Not all of them are my birds, we picked up my soon to be mother-in-laws quaker from our breeder when we got our Sunnies and Saphira, Thorn came three months later.

But, I cannot say enough good things about this breeder, she really cares about her birds and if you ever have any questions, she will do her best to answer them.

Example: About a month ago, I had come home from work and all the birds were looking fine, my fiancee had gotten up at bedtime to tuck the birds in and found our male sun conure on the bottom of the cage feathers all puffed out (the bad way) wings drooping and he could not hold his head up. She got the bird to me right away (I am disabled). I started talking to the bird and reassuring him, I called the local emergency vet that has an extremely qualified avian vet. They gave me no help as what to do (they just told me that if he lives through the night to bring him in). We then called our breeder and she told my fiancee to check their water bottle to see if it was air-locked and it was, she sent me to the store to get pedialite and corn syrup. She told us to mix up a batch of bird formula using pedialite as the liquid and to put one drop of corn syrup in it. We had to kinda force-feed him the first little bit as he was to out of it to eat himself, but the syrup spiked his blood sugar and woke him up some and then he ate like a baby again. with-in about an hour he was looking to be back to normal, but he slept in the portable cage in between us in bed that night. every two-three hours we gave him a little more formula. The breeder contacted us back in the morning so make sure he was ok, and he was back to his normal cuddly self.

So I very much recommend this breeder in the Cincinnati area.

www.featheredplaypen.com

***Needless to say, I ordered a new water bottle that day. Now I only trust the Lixit bottles.***

Post edited by: Sallas, at: 2009/03/26 16:39<br><br>Post edited by: Sallas, at: 2009/03/26 16:40

You made the right choice in following your gut about the breeder. I know others have given you recommendations, but I have one for you as well. wendy's parrots (she has a website but I don't remember what it is) in Texas is fabulous. Wendy is amazing with her baby birds, and I happen to know she has some babies right now and more eggs in the nest, so she will probably have more as the spring progresses. Her phone number is 817 594 7322. She is the breeder I got my baby from, and I would go back to her any time!

WOW Thank You everyone for all the reccomendations and all the love here! i appreciate veryone for reaching out to me. Lyric I can't wait to be a Mama again. I have human kids, My coworkers at work who also call me mama too and soon a baby grey!

I am awaiting one more email from our "New Breeder" Fingers crossed. She even does mini video clips Here is one that she sent me of one of her previous Babies just copy and hightlight it in your browser!

http://clipshack.com/Clip.aspx?key=EEF71CFF8BE138F3

She is so gentle with them, she is very good with emails, laid back and from california too where im orginally from!

I will let you all know soon I promise!!!

Carol

Post edited by: Msvoluptous, at: 2009/03/27 00:20<br><br>Post edited by: CarolandFamily, at: 2009/04/03 14:13