NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Shady's smiling

Tycos_mom

That is one cute grey, Shady is sure a camera hog and he/she is going to be one spoiled bugger for sure, now Pat how do you continue to feed and care for your other birds because this one is so adorable how can you not spend all day with it. Thanks for sharing this pic with us and I just bet this is the background on your computer, right!!!

How did you knowthat I would put it on my desk top. Its a good thing Shady is still a baby and sleeps allot of I probubly wouldn't have anytime with my other birds. the babys are allot of work I must say I can't put shavings in the bottom of the cage because s/he chicken scratches and the shaveings go flying everywhere so I'm constantly changeing the paper on in her/his cage every time s/he poops. I put a whole news paper down so its nice and comfy and then if s/he poops I just remove the top layer. I have a huge garbage bag ful of crinkle up news paper already and I've gone through 4 jumbo rolls of paper towel in the last 3 days. Its like haveing a baby child aroud the house. but I do love every minute of it and I wouldn't change a thing excet the fact that s/he growing up far to quickly s/he has gained 100gr. since I got her/him definatly not going to remain a little baby for very long.

So cute !! Talk about a great mama, you are one of the best I know! hes gonna seem so grown up soon these babies amaze me with how fast they grow and feather, but they are still babies for a long time, then you get to go thru the teenege years!

i don't mean to offend you tyco's mom, but are you sure he's 7 weeks old? i only asked because like i said in another post, i saw a webcam of my bird, and counting the weeks from the hatchdate she gave me, my bird is about 9 1/2 (i saw it around 9) weeks and has no where near that amount of feathers. i'm just assuming that since my bird is older than yours it would have more feathers. am i wrong to assume this? or do feathers come in at different ages for different birds? sorry if i offended you at all, that isn't my intent at all, i'm just confused. can anyone tell me if birds get all their feathers around the same age? and tyco's mom, shady sure is cute either way lol!<br><br>Post edited by: GorgASS, at: 2009/03/25 04:52

Gorgass if you look closly you can see that sall around Shadys neck is a bunch of pins so are his/her chest feathers if I lifted her head you would see her neck is still quite featherless her back is just a mass of pin featers as well and even her fligh feathers under the top are still covered in keritin s/he looks quite feathered in some of the pictures but its just the way she is sitting so the feathers she does have cover up the bald spots.

Love that "Smiley" face!!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful moment Pat. Just reading and seeing the photos of Shady aver the last few days is a treat to look forward to!! :-)

You need to send that into BirdTalk!!

Smile, your on candid camera. :-)