NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Cage Question

Summerc25

Do you guys think this cage looks good for a grey or is it too large? The bar spacing is 1 inch and I think a book I read said 1/2 inch is better for greys.

http://www.birdcages.com/large-bird-cages/corner-cage/jaspercornerbirdcage.cfm

I love the corner fit style of this cage and looks like it will still give my future bird plenty of room.

Right now I am still buying stuff to get ready for a bird and researching and then I will find th perfect bird for the cage.

Do you guys knowof any better places to search for cages if this one is not good? Thanks for any tips and advice :)

Thank you for the replies :) I want it in black. I just showed it to my mother though an she thinks it is a bad idea because it sits too low and the cats could reach the bird easier. I didn't even think of that before. It may be okay as long as I hve a bird who will bite the cats and teach them to back off...lol I don't intend on leaving them unsupervised with a bird but if some freak accident happened and they got into the room with him when I am at work, it could be terrorizing for the birdie.

Do any of you who have cats have a problem with them trying to get to your birds alot? My two cats have never been outside since I got them s the do not see birds but it is instinct for cats to try to get birds and I do not want to chance that happening. Do any of you who have cats have them declawed or do they have claws? I hate declawing but it might be something to think about with a bird too. It seems kind of cruel though so I don't know :(

At my moms house there is 8 cats, 3 dogs, and 5 birds. Not one of them have had any problems. The dogs don't mess with the cats, the cats don't mess with the birds etc. Maybe we just got lucky? lol but they really just don't care about each other.