NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Do you think this is okay?

Tycos_mom

I was feeding the cockateils yesterday and shady was out watching me. He like all the coloured zupreem fruity cockateil size pellets and he started eating them I don't know if he was actually swallowing them or just chewwing them up and spitting them out but since he liked them so much I was thinking I might put some in his cage I know he should start with soft foods but he really loves chewing in the little pellets do you think it would be okay to put some in his cage for him to munch and crunch he's only 61/2 weeks old<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/03/23 19:23

I think it's fine Pat and it's good practice for him. I gave my baby Tags some cockatiel sized food to practice with when they were just starting to learn how to eat too. Try Cheerios too, they love to eat them when they are just learning because they are easy for them to pick up.

Thanks girls I called th vet today yo make an appointment for Shady for his/her checkup and dna test Shady has an appointment at 12:30pm pacific time on Wedensday. I asked the vet if it was ok about eating the pellets while I was on the phone and he said exactly the same thing. that it was good practice and will help with the weaning transistion later on. thanks anyway. Shady just loves crunching up those pellets I guess they taste good and because there Zupreem fruity pellts the different colours attract him/her.<br><br>Post edited by: Tycos_mom, at: 2009/03/24 01:42

How cute...I hope Kookie would do the same..Ive been trying to shift him to pellets but unless he is starved he wouldnt touch them...he is very arogant though and would refuse to eat...so its not as easy as yours...you are one lucky mom.. :)

{Nature-00020095}{Nature-00020095}