NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

used bird cage

h4H

I am planning on buying a used bird cage off of craigslist for a very very good price. The dimensions of the cage are 30" deep, 39 3/4" wide, 49 1/2" high + a half cylinder top. My only concern is the owner says there are a few rust signs where the leak points are, but she thinks that is internal from cleaning. Would it be OK to buy this cage and then try removing the rust stains? I am not expecting a CAG for another 14 weeks at least, so I have a lot of time to clean the cage up, I am just really interested in this cage because it is large, and a great deal.

Also, the owner says they are having to downsize the cage due to it not fitting in their new home, I don't know if this is true or not, and I am worried that maybe their previous bird died due to disease or something... What are the chances of my grey catching a disease 14 weeks from now, when i get him? I am planning on cleaning the cage out with a bleach solution and letting it sit for a long time before putting a bird in it.

The bird owner is also including toys, and a very nice wood playstand, if i clean those off with a bleach solution as well, would they be OK for my grey to use?

I am going to try to attach a few pictures of the cage and stand for yall to see. Thanks -Mark 3k03mb3p2ZZZZZZZZZ93m27197467ef7a13ee.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: h4H, at: 2009/03/23 07:55

3k03mb3p2ZZZZZZZZZ93m27197467ef7a13ee.jpg

3k03mb3p2ZZZZZZZZZ93m27197467ef7a13ee.jpg

Thats probably why they are getting rid of it because of the rust and I would be leary of getting this cage as it would cost you the price of a new cage to try to fix this one. You can't just paint it with any kind of paint, it has to be powder coated type and the price of having it sand blasted and then painted would be equal or more than a new cage.

You can find some good cages for a reasonable price on ebay.