NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Talking re-homed 7 year old

greymom

We re-homed a 7 year old CAG last week. She has an extensive vocabulary. A large portion of her talking seems to be lengthy telephone conversations. Some of the things she says are extremely clear. But there are some things we can't understand. We did not get her from her original family but from the vet who took her in. So we are unable to find out what some of the unclear words are.

We are hoping that she will learn new words and phrases from us. How likely is that?

That's impossible to answer. She's a talker and may yet learn new things but on the other hand she may just repeating what she learned a while ago. The bird went from the owner to the vet and finally to you. So, you'll have to just wait and see,. Start talking to her on a regular basis and see what happens.

Congradulations on getting your new grey. Although greys are known for thier talkinga abilities they have a language all their own, too. Mine talks but he also has a bunch of gibberish that makes no sense at all. I use to try and try to understand it but think it's just their own language they speak. My grey was 12 years old when I got him so I hung on every word when he said them.:laugh: They can also pick up new words, too as time goes by. I don't think you will be able to understand all the sounds they make.

Have you introduced yourself in the welcome room yet? If not please do so we can all know about how you got your grey, if it's a boy or girl, it's name and anything else you want to let us know. And when you get the chance put up a photo so we can all see. :)

Hi there and welcome to our little comunity of Grey lovers. Thats great that you took in an older Grey I did the same thing about a year and a half ago My birds name is Tyco she is 6 years old now. I have rescued a few birds over the years and also bought a few baby's too. I just got a new baby last sunday I called her/him Shady Grey and I'm still handfeeding shady s/he is 6 weeks old now. I'm looking forward to hearing all about you and your new Grey is she friendly or does she have a few trust issues. please post some pics when you get a chance.