NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Smartie Pants... share your stories

rjhammy

We've only had Ash for 2 months... but she never ceases to impress me.

So... I'm always on the look out for potential Ash toys and found a St. Patty's Day necklace with large silver and green beads and two huge shamrocks.

Too lazy to take a picture, but it's something like this, but with larger beads:

WP562.jpg

Anyways... she was immediately attracted to the shamrocks. I'm always trying to find ways to challenge her, so I cut the necklace and dangled it on her playgym. The shamrock was on the bottom tip of the necklace.

I knew she wanted the shamrock badly... so I just sat and watched her. She knew it was too unstable to climb down the necklace... and after a few minutes, she realized she can pull the necklace up to her.

She would use her beak and pull up the necklace, hold it with her foot, drop her head down and pull up the necklace again. After 5 pulls... the shamrock was all hers!!! (and very well-deserved!)

Please share your... "OMG my baby is a genius moments" :woohoo:<br><br>Post edited by: rjhammy, at: 2009/03/22 09:16

WP562.jpg

Very cool story of your Grey figuring out how to get that shamrock. :-)

Too many "Genius" moments of mine to even start listing. So all I can say, is all Grey owners will be constantly surprised by them and astounded at how intelligent these wonderful Greys are.

The real problem, is trying to think 5 moves a head of them, like playing chess. ;-)

Sometimes they are just too damn smart!!

cute story Tyco has a stuffed dino that has a string that you pull and the dino vibrates and laughs She isn't bug enoughto pill the sting all the way out so she can never get it to work. One day I was watching hrt play with it and she really was trying hard to pull the string. what she did was put the toy on top of her cage with the string going through the bars and then she went into her cage and pulled the string using the bars of the cage as leverage. I was so amazed that she figured that out all by herself. They trully are little smarty pants:laugh: