NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

The Tumbler!

Nychsa

Greetings everyone!

It seems like things around here just keep getting more busy every day :)

For the past week or so Bella has been just as difficult as a petulant two year old child! So, today I did some major bird toy shopping, thinking the best way to handle a petulant two year old is keep them busy!

It worked!! :laugh: I finally got her a basketball hoop and ball. I think she prefers soccer though, she gets such a charge out of having a ball rolled to her, she'll do anything not to let it get past her.

The other toys she needed to reason them out to get the walnut inside. But she occupied herself most with this box that had different wooden pieces in side which she had to twist and shake to get the wood out. But I think she's a bit OCD :blink: When the wooden blocks fell out she furiously tried to put it back in :huh: Hmmm

Well, I thought after an afternoon of playing, she wouldn't want to twist and tumble around on my hand as she does every evening lately. But I was mistaken...

What do you think? What is it with dangling upside down? Do you think she was a bat in a previous life??? :laugh:

http://www.mydeo.com/videorequest.asp?XID=10318&CID=255585<br><br>Post edited by: Nychsa, at: 2009/03/22 03:15

luvparrots wrote:

Another great video of Bella, Terri. Bella is such a performer. What a handful she is!!!!! Thanks for sharing her antics with us!!!

oh my pleasure! She' sbeen fit to be tied this week! She and Jiggy are flighted and I thought that meant she could follow me around as she needed. But she thinks I'm her "ride"! I'm standing in front of the fridge, and she flies over, lands on my shoulder and wants to have a good look. So! I get what I need, close the door. Well - Miss Bella wasn't done! She pinches my cheek and says "NO!"

She does that every time I go somewhere she doesn't want me to go! :blink: :blink: :blink:

caitb2007 wrote:

What a great video of Bella! She is too cute and such a character!

Thanks CaitB :) She is a character! Today when I was at the bird store I saw the sweetest little greys, eyes still all dark, cooing, gurgling, gentle little nips and I thought to myself, I don't think Bella was ever that innocent! :laugh: I think she always was a mischief maker!

judygram wrote:

I am so jealous Terri that your Bella will hang upside down so easily and I can't get Josey to do anything like that, maybe she is part bat. She is hilarious, thanks for sharing that with us.

Oy Judy - no need to be jealous! This is her evening thing lately and she does it over, and over, and over, and over again - when I want to eat, she wants to do this, when I want do something on the computer that little foot is there. I have no idea what the deal is with this hanging upside down stuff, but she likes it!

:P Dave - thanks! I'm going to try to get one of her playing with her new basketball. That is REALLY hilarious :laugh: I haven't found a good camera setting that will capture it well. Se moves so fast it all looks like a blurr.

I might be able to get her trying to put those wood blocks back into their container. That is very interesting. You can really see her trying to figure this out.

This morning though she's having an identity crisis. I tried to show her some blue jays outside and she started barking like the dogs when I pointed to the window :blink: (the dogs always bark at the squirrels otuside)

Thanks for the entertaining video of Bella the Bat. ;-) :-)

They do love hanging upside down, don't they? On your hand, from ropes, perches, chains etc. flapping, twisting and hanging about.

Greys (at least some) seem to have a perfectionist side to them sometimes. I know of one Grey that the owner places items in pill bottles and closes the lid. The grey loves to open them, remove those items, then place the items one by one back into the bottles and tries it's damnedest to put the lid back on too and succeeds sometimes.

Unfortunately, my Grey does not have that "Perfectionist" Gene and just leaves the scattered items wherever they fell or were flung.

That challenging toy sounds great. Where did you get it and could you post a photo of it please? :-)

I love finding puzzles and devices to keep Dayo challenged and entertained.

Mistyparrot wrote:

Hi Nychsa,

I got it ! I have been using Safari Beta4 so I tried Firefox and it works:)

Bella is so beautiful even if she is part Bat:lol:

Steve n Misty

:laugh: Super! And thank ... yes, my little bat is batty :P

danmcq wrote:

Thanks for the entertaining video of Bella the Bat. ;-) :-)

That challenging toy sounds great. Where did you get it and could you post a photo of it please? :-)

I love finding puzzles and devices to keep Dayo challenged and entertained.

My pleasure Dan! She's in her cage right now hanging upside down from her toys :blink:

I got these toys at this store I found in a town over from mine. It's called DJ Feathers Aviary http://www.djfeathers.com/shop/ I could get rid of some money in there! They had all kinds of puzzles, puzzles you can make too, and toy kits and a great variety of foods.

Their aviary is very nice. They had something like 5 baby greys - I think they were only 13 weeks old - so sweet, all perched on this huge branch, cooing and gurgling. They also had some lovely Mccaws - baby Mccaws look so vulnerable! Those little baby personalities stuck in that huge body!

I'll get a picture of her challenge toy and post it later.

Cheers!

Terri