NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Careful what you ask for

Guest twoodruff

Guest twoodruff

When I got Lola, my baby TAG, in September, I decided I want to make sure I could put her onto her back any time I needed to, so that I could clip her nails or look at her butt or whatever. So I started turning her over onto her back right away and giving her head scritches and tummy rubs. She was just a baby, and right away she was

OK with it. She seemed more curious than anything about what I was doing. Eventually, it became clear that she liked it. She would throw her head back so that it's between my fingers and just let me scritch away. She'd lay there, looking like a dead cockroach, for maybe 15 minutes at a time just letting me do that (while I'm watching

TV, e.g.). Well, she's decided that she's not going to wait for me to flip her onto her back when she wants scritches or tummy rubs. . .now, if she's standing on my shoulder or climbing up me, she'll suddenly

"faint"--just collapse and roll onto her back--and the plan is that

I'm supposed to catch her. Well the first time she did it, she didn't tell ME about the plan, and she ended up rolling off of my shoulder and onto the sofa, and she stood up and looked at me like I was crazy!

Now I know what she's up to. It's so neat! She reminds me of those bugs that if you touch them they roll up into balls. At any given time if she decides she wants to be on her back, she'll just collapse and roll, collapse and roll. I usually catch her, and she seems to know not to do this while I'm walking around with her on my shoulder.

She's a tad bit spoiled.

• 3 years later...
Guest briansmum

i've been trying with brian since i got him but he just doesn't seem to like being on his back at all, even when he's playing by himself on a rope and swings round he gets all panicky and starts attacking the nearest toy. so if i flip him, the nearest thing isn't a toy it's my hand. and boy are those bites getting tough

Haha.. that is funny :laugh:

We started putting Makena on his back right away and doesn't seem to have a problem with it. We have also been trying to pull his wings out from time to time to get him used to that. At first he didn't really care for it, but now he doesn't mind :)<br><br>Post edited by: Makena, at: 2007/08/04 19:28

• 2 years later...