NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Feathers

Lex

Hi ALL

My question is about my grey she is preening her very end black feather on her wing and it is looking frayed but only on one side of her body? and only one half of the feather the side you can see. she isn`t plucking feathers. I do spay them twice a week. Any help please??

When a bird constantly preens their feathers and takes the dander off the feather will get ragged and thin looking if the bird is doing that preening very intensely. Some very dusty feathers will actually look much darker afterward because they're cleaner.. More than likely there's a feather or two that's almost dead and will soon fall out. Continue the spraying even if the bird isn't doing anything. It can't hurt.

When I got Gizmo my Macaw his feathers where ragged and in very poor condition and I sprayed him every day for a couple weeks and his feather where just beautiful again. Try getting him soaked right to the skin that my help allot. My Grey is molting right now and sometimes they can look a little scruffy I'm sure in no time he will be looking great again