NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Mums doing well.

she

As a follow up to my mums operation we went to see the surgion on Wednesday.The good news is that the cancer had not spread into the lymphnodes and she was confident she had removed it all.The bad news was that my mum stopped breathing during the operation due to c o p d and her heart condition. As a result the surgion is not sure if they will go ahead with radiotherapy, but said that decision will be up to the oncologist who we see next Wednesday.I was shocked as I was present in the hospital from 7am till 5pm on the day of her op and nothing was said, but all that matters is that she is ok.The nurse is still coming out daily and injecting heperon to prevent blood clots .Mum was great for a few days after the operation but then went down a bit and was very tired and week.She did seem a lot better today and will be getting very spoiled on mothers day.

Sheila, I am so pleased your Mum is doing so well at the moment. Like any illness, you will sometimes get good days and bad days wth your mum. Hopefully the tiredness will go soon and your mum will feel a bit better.

You have a great day with your Mum on Sunday, make sure you pamper her and make it a very special day for both of you.

You know where I am if you need to chat,my thoughts are always with you.

Have a great day on Sunday, big hugs to both of you xxx

I'm so glad you gave us an update. I had been wondering too but didn't want to ask. I'm glad your mom is doing ok. I know it's scary. My mom had a bad heart, too and went through the surgery to get the cancer removed. They told me she died on the table but they brought her back. After the surgery she did not have any radiation or anything else that I know of. She had uterine cancer but they got it all out. She was tired for several weeks but she got through it and about a month later was her normal self again. I hope she continues to recovery quickly. I will be keeping you in my thoughts.<br><br>Post edited by: BaxtersMom, at: 2009/03/20 23:39

Once again, thank you all so much for the kind thoughts and support.It means so much.Mum was great today,and has started eating a lot better.She has just had a nice piece of steak.The nurses are fantastic,I cant believe the care she is getting.Thanks again.