NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

hand lotion??

GorgASS

i wasn't really sure where to put this post so i hope it's in the right spot...

i know you shouldn't use most cleaning products, areosols, scented candles, and air fresheners because it can harm your grey, but what about scented hand lotion and perfume? i don't use perfume often (hardly ever really) but i do use lotion and it dawned on me the other day after i put it on. it's not super strong or anything, something from bath and body works, but i wondered if that would fall under the do not use catagory. if anyone could give me some input on that.

also, i'm getting really close to getting my grey, barely two weeks left about, and i'm wondering what i should all find out before/when i pick it up.

i'm still not completely sure if i'll drive to get it or if i'll have it shipped...i'm leaning toward driving (i'm kinda paranoid of getting ripped off) and now that the dates getting closer and closer i feel like i'm forgetting something(or will) so could any of you give me a list of what i should ask when i pick it up? or what i should look for? i know the obvious things i just want to make a list to make sure i don't forget anything! sorry for the long post and thanks again!!

As long as you don't spry the perfume in the same room Idon't see the problem as long as it is not overwelming I would think it should be fine. I would grive if at all possible to pick up your bird. I drove 3 and a half hours there and another 4 hours back through 3 blizzards to pick up my baby. It was to cold to ship at this time of year. It took 4 hours to drive back because I could hardly see the road due to the blzzards and I drove through 2 of them on the way back. it wasn't fun but we made it safe and sound and thats the main thing. I drive for a living so I'm used to all kinds of weather conditions but let me tell you it was a little scary coming through those mountains without snowtires. I'm sure your drive will be allot more pleasent and you will get to see your baby all the sooner. How far away is your baby?

After a hard day's work as a construction worker, I usually put my perfume and my sheer nighties on after midnight. It feels, hmmm, Oh gosh, I just can't find the words about how I feel. It makes it so easy to rub that soft sweet smelling hand lotion on. My roll model was J Edgar Hoover. He wore pink you know. He was such a devil.

Well Dave, who would have guessed.

If you can I would drive to pick up the baby. Ask about its diet and any vet records,If possible feed the same food it is weaned on to.Find out if the baby has any little querks, speak to Dave about that:laugh: Ask what toys it likes.Have the cage set up ready for the arrival . I have not had a problem with hand lotion or perfume although I do take care not to handle the birds just after I have put it on. Good luck<br><br>Post edited by: she, at: 2009/03/17 22:11

my bird is 8 hours (one way) so kinda far but not too bad. and i think i am going to drive and get it...it sounds like i'll be able to pick between 2 or 3 of them, so i'd like to pick the one that likes me most (or seems to)

i have the cage all set up with 4 toys (as of right now, i need to add a few more perches so i can add toys) plus it has a removeable playtop that sets on top of the cage, and that has a spot for a toy. i've emailed the breeder and asked what it will be weaned on specifically so i can get the same type, as well as the hatch date(s), any fav. toys, what kind of routine it's on (i work 11pm-7am, so i want to stay as close to it as possible), and a few other specific questions. i'm waiting to hear back from her. i emailed her on fri. so hopefully it'll be soon!

thanks a bunch to everyone who wrote replies! you guys are so helpful!

Dave, I would love to see a picture of you in your sheer nightie lol:laugh: :laugh: :whistle:

I am like everyone else. I put my perfume on in a different room to the greys. I dont wear hand lotion though.

Cant wait to see pics of your new baby:kiss:

:ohmy:

I have just nearly wet my pants at that picture Dave!

I will have to be careful what I ask for in the future wont I?

You are one sexy man in that dress Dave, such a good figure as well! You must work out nearly everyday to have a figure like that, you really must send me your work out routine, and the legs:whistle:

{Feel-good-0002006E}

Wow dave is a hottie...

Hand lotion guess its ok as long as they are not licking it off your fingers..

Perfume: I kinda try not to come and play with Kookie right after I spray perfume...

I guess even if its a long drive its better that you pick up your baby yourself, first to see which of them chooses you, then I think the trip with you would be easier on the bord than shipping...

Good luck and please keep us posted on your baby's news when he comes home...