NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

Obtaining A Grey How, Where

Hello All

My subject pretty much nails the body lol, I am a 21 year old male looking to purchase A Congo Grey, My location is Southern California, I want to build a pr with a breeder so i can call them. I had a GGrey when i was 17 but it bit my mom and i returned home to no Grey. She took it back to the breeder, to find out the bird was older than what the breeder told us and that certain breeder was banned from ever going to the B-Mart from being a shady dealer. Nevertheless I still didnt have my Grey and I was sad sooo now I am in the process of obtainig a life long companion .

HEEEEEELLLLPPPPPPP lol

Hello. Welcome to the forum & Congradulations on your decision to get another grey.

You can find greys in some pet stores that sell exotic birds but I would go with a breeder. They are more reasonable priced if you go the breeder route. There are several members on the forum who are from California that might get you started in the right direction. Also if you can find a copy of Bird Talk magazine they sometimes list breeders in the back for different states. You could do a google search and see if anything turns up in your area, too. Hope the others can steer you in the right direction. In the mean time please check through the various threads here on the forum. They are filled lots of great information.

Hello and welcome to the forum! So glad you can join. How sad that is that your mom gave away your grey! I would be soo mad! I don't live near California so I can't help you find a breeder but I wish you the best of luck in finding your life long companion. I am soon getting my CAG in 2 weeks and I cannot wait! Keep us updated. :)

Hello AceVentura and welcome to the family, so glad you found us and we look forward to hearing more about you and this grey you want.

Thats too bad your Mom got rid of your previous grey but you will find another grey, you just need to find a reputable breeder in your area, you can start with looking at www.avianbiotech.com you can search by state on that site.

I can't help but ask about your name, you must be a fan of Jim Carrey or the movie!

We have some members here from California so maybe some of them will give you some names of breeders they know to give you a start in the right direction.

Please read thru the many threads for lots of useful information and do ask questions you may have and we will help you in any way we can.

Welcome AceVentura!!

There are a ton of breeders in Southern California. Just start doing web searches for them, ask local petshops (not national petshops) if they know or reccomend any etc. You'll find the right Grey and Breeder. Just take your time and it will work out well for both you and the Grey. :-)

Hello AceVentura and welcome to the forum. I'm sure it was a very unhappy day for you when you came home to find your mom had gotten rid of your grey friend. I really hope it turns out better for you this time around. Keep us updated and let us know when you find your new grey.

Hi Ace!!

I recently got my CAG from a great breeder/pet store in Torrance called Birds and More. I did a lot of research and many many emails and calls back and forth with the owner Karen and was SO IMPRESSED!! I brought our gorgeous girl home in October and have just been amazed at how good she is, no biting or plucking, very well socialized to lots of foods and other things. She talks up a storm and is not yet a year old. It really made being a Grey owner very easy!

Here is her website, check it out!

http://www.birdsandmore.com/

Good Luck!

THank You:laugh: All so much for making me feel so welcomed and your support in assisting me this site is better than myspace lol . I talked to 2 breeders yesterday thank you JUDYGRAM{Feel-good-000200B9}, and I called Birds and More today but they were closed thank you also REDKIM;) . One breeder said no Greys at all but kept my number to see if she knew of any friends who did , the other was so helpful he said he had babies but they had basically been sold almost, but talked to me for an hour about how he breeds and how he got his grey and got into breeding that was a reassuring feeling to have a conversation instead of just a sales inquiry, he said he'd keep me posted also im the first person on his waiting list lol.:P SOOOOOO im still researching and just making sure i know all the things I can possibly gain from knowledge about the bird and other lovers experiences.

THANK YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN

I really enjoy logging on to the forum

its GREYTTT lol

if anyone has further information about breeders continue to post thank you B)<br><br>Post edited by: AceVentura, at: 2009/03/18 04:41