NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG ×
NEW ADDRESS FOR MEMBERS GREYFORUMS.ORG

1 Thing you can't live without for your Grey?

CarolandFamily

Ok I'll admit I am a SHOPAHOLIC! :ohmy: I love being inspired to buy more things lol. Miracle so far has a enormous cage a ton of toys, 5 different perches, playstand, books, ladders etc..

I am wondering what one thing thatyou bought for your grey that you CANNOT live without? What was the best investment that you purchased?

I am on the hunt now for a harness for him/her and maybe some other stuff.I also have been looking at those spiral perches too. I am really spoiling our baby *sigh* lol

Please do tell so I can get some more great ideas!

Thank You

Carol<br><br>Post edited by: Msvoluptous, at: 2009/03/13 13:30

The spiral perch that hangs from the roof. The best buy ever and hours of fun.

Both of them hang upside down on it and flap to spin the spiral around and around and then let go and swing all the way back while going "whooo" "whooo" "whooo". You can attach toys to it and it's a great place to have them out from under your feet.

When we go away I take the spiral with me hang it in the room that I am sleeping and both of them sleep on the spiral for the night. Multi purpose.

My birds absolutly love their boings those spiral perches that you hang from the ceiling I have three of them in different places in the house to give the bird a place to hang out and have some fun Tyco just loves the one Ive hung next to her cage she will hang upside down and flap her wings reallly hard sometime she get that boing swinging so high I think it going to come right out of the ceiling she just loves it. as do all the other birds

I think My favourite thing is the birds aviary.It is great in the warmer weather,I can get the birds out side and have windows open without them being locked in a cage.It also provides a great way for them to get fresh air and sunlight.

**sigh**

I seem to have the only bird I know of that hates boings. Maxi won't have anything to do with hers -even after 18 months! Tanner will at least use it as a bridge to get from one playstand to another.

I think maybe it's the adventure pack for Max - because it really opens up her world when I can take her along. She loves it - always steps right in if I open the door. I'm trying to save up to buy a travel pack for Tanner now, too - a challenge with his l-o-n-g tail!

Msvoluptous wrote:

Sallas wrote:
LOL, no no a bong is used to smoke wacky tabacky, a boing is a curled rope type perch.

Lmaoo I think I might need a Bong after the day I had and I guess my baby is gonna need a boing too rofl {Feel-good-0002006E}

;) This is where I purchased Sachi and Emma's Boing and Atom. The Large sized Boing in my humble opinion is the perfect size for Emma as it will be for Miracle.:) My biggest advice when purchasing toys and accessories is to buy QUALITY. It will last longer and perform better. In the long run, saves you money as well as aggravation.

below is Emma on her Boing after her shower.:)

http://www.motherpluckinbirdtoys.com/ n3-e467723fc9695bce1cc12bd0ceb1fdd1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/14 00:33

n3-e467723fc9695bce1cc12bd0ceb1fdd1.jpg

LindaMary wrote: what's an adventure pack?

**sigh**

I seem to have the only bird I know of that hates boings. Maxi won't have anything to do with hers -even after 18 months! Tanner will at least use it as a bridge to get from one playstand to another.

I think maybe it's the adventure pack for Max - because it really opens up her world when I can take her along. She loves it - always steps right in if I open the door. I'm trying to save up to buy a travel pack for Tanner now, too - a challenge with his l-o-n-g tail!

lovethatgrey wrote: I'm going there now big thanks!

Msvoluptous wrote:
Sallas wrote:
LOL, no no a bong is used to smoke wacky tabacky, a boing is a curled rope type perch.

Lmaoo I think I might need a Bong after the day I had and I guess my baby is gonna need a boing too rofl {Feel-good-0002006E}

;) This is where I purchased Sachi and Emma's Boing and Atom. The Large sized Boing in my humble opinion is the perfect size for Emma as it will be for Miracle.:) My biggest advice when purchasing toys and accessories is to buy QUALITY. It will last longer and perform better. In the long run, saves you money as well as aggravation.

below is Emma on her Boing after her shower.:)

http://www.motherpluckinbirdtoys.com/ n3-e467723fc9695bce1cc12bd0ceb1fdd1.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: lovethatgrey, at: 2009/03/14 00:33

You're a shopoholic? Purchase anything you want at any Dollar store. You'll be able to spend the day shopping, come home with lots of things and the best of all, you'll still have money in your pocket, Then you'll have the title of SmartSaver of the year.

Let's see-- how will we put it on the awards plate?

I got it!!

Addicted Shopoholic SmartSaver of 2009.

Ladies and Gentleman, and the winner is.. the one and only

Msvoluptous

Dave007 wrote:

You're a shopoholic? Purchase anything you want at any Dollar store. You'll be able to spend the day shopping, come home with lots of things and the best of all, you'll still have money in your pocket, Then you'll have the title of SmartSaver of the year.

Let's see-- how will we put it on the awards plate?

I got it!!

Addicted Shopoholic SmartSaver of 2009.

Ladies and Gentleman, and the winner is.. the one and only

Msvoluptous

You are right! I see we have a smart guy here :whistle: lol

We found a really awesome website for toys/perches/food/etc that we've been shopping on for at least the last month...

www.birdsafestore.com

They've got a slew of perch selections, including the boing perches. My favorite section is the "toy parts" section...you can buy wooden beads individually, leather rope (birdie safe of course--veggie oil tanned), leather chew shapes, colorful plastic beads, and make your own toys! I made a big hanging toy using some big wooden beads, some leather rope, and cupcake wrappers that I bought for fifty cents...ta da!! And the toy probably cost all of $4 to make.

We also purchased a bag of Zupreem pellets for a LOT cheaper than at the pet store.

I don't know about me, but Dorian couldn't live without his bell! He swings from it, attacks it, uses it like an aristocrat calling for his servant, uses it as a launching point to attack his other favourite thing, his swing. . . Buy a good quality one and make sure you like the sound it makes. You'll be hearing it alot!

chimaysmommy wrote:

We found a really awesome website for toys/perches/food/etc that we've been shopping on for at least the last month...

www.birdsafestore.com

They've got a slew of perch selections, including the boing perches. My favorite section is the "toy parts" section...you can buy wooden beads individually, leather rope (birdie safe of course--veggie oil tanned), leather chew shapes, colorful plastic beads, and make your own toys! I made a big hanging toy using some big wooden beads, some leather rope, and cupcake wrappers that I bought for fifty cents...ta da!! And the toy probably cost all of $4 to make.

We also purchased a bag of Zupreem pellets for a LOT cheaper than at the pet store.

Well dang and the prices are CHEAPER too for the Boing! I paid a mini fortune for toys lol, well I guess you live and learn.